How fast is Andrew Mclean?

knievel

Admittedly, I am not in peak cycling condition and in no way do I consider myself to be a race snake but that didn't stop a friend and I trying our best to beat Andrew Mcleans strava KOM time on the The New Green Mile (editied-sorry I had it as The Green mile at first) segment (Berm Baby Berm) at PWC Cycle park in JHB.

https://youtu.be/E-2A6drZZBc

The plan was simple, three runs of The Green Mile to see how close we could get to his time. All went well until I hit the uphill section at which stage, I started sucking gas big time. ha ha

It looks like its back to the spruit with a good training plan for me, vut I wonder, how fast are you on that segment? I think that KOM time is achievable for anyone with a bit of fitness!

PS: I hope you like the video, Subscribe to our channel to be notified when we post the next over ambitious, out of our depth, weekend warrior videos in future.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys, it was fun to make and we're hoping to make more soon.

Have you guys ridden Berm Baby Berm at PWC? What were you times if so?

It's a really nice flowy trail, flowy up hill just doesn't do it for me though. Ha ha

Andrew gave a buddy of mine a PK in a race. We managed to stick with the pro riders on the flats as only Bloem has.

Andrew took issue with us tagging along but not taking turns up front.

A PK was issued.

We dropped after that.

I got even more respect for Andrew after that. Its hard up front in Pro racing. No place for wannabes like we were. Easy to swing your dick in Bloem. But when the big boys come out to play, know your place!

Awesome idea. So many famous KOMs out there to find and beat. come do some at wolwespruit, rosemary hill and even WTF hill (pta east).

really gives a good reference. 

good luck and enjoy!!

Andrew gave a buddy of mine a PK in a race. We managed to stick with the pro riders on the flats as only Bloem has.

A PK was issued.

We dropped after that.

I got even more respect for Andrew after that. Its hard up front in Pro racing. No place for wannabes like we were. Easy to swing your dick in Bloem. But when the big boys come out to play, know your place!

Dalk was hy ontsteld dat die gemiddelde geswaaide Bloemfonteinse voël langer is.....

A PK was issued.

We dropped after that.

An actual PK? I would pay to see that during a race hahaha

Admittedly, I am not in peak cycling condition and in no way do I consider myself to be a race snake but that didn't stop a friend and I trying our best to beat Andrew Mcleans strava KOM time on the The Green mile segment (Berm Baby Berm) at PWC Cycle park in JHB.

The plan was simple, three runs of The Green Mile to see how close we could get to his time. All went well until I hit the uphill section at which stage, I started sucking gas big time. ha ha

It looks like its back to the spruit with a good training plan for me, vut I wonder, how fast are you on that segment? I think that KOM time is achievable for anyone with a bit of fitness!

PS: I hope you like the video, Subscribe to our channel to be notified when we post the next over ambitious, out of our depth, weekend warrior videos in future.

The Mighty Mouse is really mighty on the bike. There was a case a few years ago where he rode nationals, or provincials and wanted to drop down (younger) an age category, which apparently is in his rights, and the younger riders did not want the 'old' man in their race...

Then also there was the case at the Logwood Classic (who remembers this?), where I was huffing and puffing along a deep single track (voetpadjie) drag on the shorter route, and somebody behind me politely asking 'track please'. I'm thinking that I'm not going into the grass for some other short distance rider who wants to suddenly overtake me on a one of the worst spots to do so. Next moment the bloke behind me veers off into the tall grass, overtaking me. Mighty Mouse on a the long route, lapping me....

Yep, he can 'trap' a bicycle!

A PK was issued.

We dropped after that.

Did u PK him back?.. no way I would let that go.

I like that the vid length was almost the KOM time of 4:12.

Ha ha, we should have paid more attention to that!

Awesome idea. So many famous KOMs out there to find and beat. come do some at wolwespruit, rosemary hill and even WTF hill (pta east).

really gives a good reference.

good luck and enjoy!!

I am keen, but only for the flat runs. Ha ha

By the time we'd timed our 3 runs, done the spoken parts and filmed the necessary B roll it was well after 1pm and HOT. Like 35 hot! So next time I think shorter runs are better, and anywhere with shade will get my vote!

But suggest a good trail/segment and we'd love to give it a go.

Lekker. Going to subscribe on joetjoeb

Please do, the more the merrier and we'd love your support.

Ps: Tell your friends! [emoji1787] ha ha

Archived