Renthal Products

MORNE

Hi guys,

Any idea where one could find Renthal products or specifically to MTB in SA? Sorry if i missed it,  but couldn't find anything with the search function. The only local distributor i'm able to find seems like solely motorbike related?

looking for some v2 Fatbars and an Apex stem specifically

Thanks

Morné

Many companies have tried to get a distributorship going but renthal don't seem keen

Right now you'// have to bring them in yourself

crud

thought as much. problem is even trying to buy from Merlin...they refuse to ship the V2 fatbars to SA. Maybe someone at Renthal really hates someone from SA  :lol:. CRC not an option atm with the crappy shipping.

weird though...cause i initially thought it might just be the handlebars...any handlebars, maybe because of the dimensions...but it is JUST the renthal fatbar v2's.

oh well. Thought for the local price of some blingy ones one might just as well get some proper renthal ones at the same price.

thanks

Check out bike24, although be aware that they use sapo once the item arrives in SA, so patience is required.

Thanks Knersboy. But I avoid SAPO like Ebola lol. If I cant DHL,UPS or FedEx stuff I'd rather not buy overseas. Costs more but the security in knowing you WILL get your stuff and within a few days on top of that is worth it too me. SAPO owes me to much money in lost packages already, not giving them any more. 

Thanks Knersboy. But I avoid SAPO like Ebola lol. If I cant DHL,UPS or FedEx stuff I'd rather not buy overseas. Costs more but the security in knowing you WILL get your stuff and within a few days on top of that is worth it too me. SAPO owes me to much money in lost packages already, not giving them any more. 

Just set up an Aramex Global Shopper Account. If you bank with FNB then they give a code to wave the joining fee. Yeah you pay UK prices with UK Vat but you have to upload the invoice and the duties are based on that. You know, the invoice for that bargain, NOS sale from that shop that was selling Renthal Fat Bars and Stem which for a £34 combo deal. ;) 

Just remember to tell the people you buy off to leave the invoice out of the box and email though. 

Delivery is R199 for the first 500g and then R99 for every 500g after that and it's landed and cleared in about 7 - 8 days. 

I hear you. About a year back I ordered an entire Campagnolo Centaur 11 speed groupset from them, as I wanted the silver version for a steel frame rebuild, which is hard to find. The wait was horrible and I was totally paranoid it would never turn up. It did turn up, but that uncertainty is horrible.

I bought mine through bikecomponents.de if I remember correctly. Waited forever coz of SAPO but otherwisd super happy. Second Renthal cockpit now and no complaints at all!!!

I bought mine through bikecomponents.de if I remember correctly. Waited forever coz of SAPO but otherwisd super happy. Second Renthal cockpit now and no complaints at all!!!

want to need these in my life  :drool:  I mailed merlin the weekend and asked why they 'cant' ship the bars here, doesn't make sense since all the other Renthal bits add to cart just fine...hopefully they can help a guy out...unless they hate money or something. I'm hoping it's a mistake on the site functionality since other bars can be shipped no issue.

Just set up an Aramex Global Shopper Account. If you bank with FNB then they give a code to wave the joining fee. Yeah you pay UK prices with UK Vat but you have to upload the invoice and the duties are based on that. You know, the invoice for that bargain, NOS sale from that shop that was selling Renthal Fat Bars and Stem which for a £34 combo deal. ;) 

Just remember to tell the people you buy off to leave the invoice out of the box and email though. 

Delivery is R199 for the first 500g and then R99 for every 500g after that and it's landed and cleared in about 7 - 8 days. 

The fnb promo expired a few months ago

want to need these in my life  :drool:  I mailed merlin the weekend and asked why they 'cant' ship the bars here, doesn't make sense since all the other Renthal bits add to cart just fine...hopefully they can help a guy out...unless they hate money or something. I'm hoping it's a mistake on the site functionality since other bars can be shipped no issue.

I was in the exact same boat, need vs want, had a alloy Renthal cockpit bought used off here.When I built I built up my new bike I could have gone Cromag, BOX, etc but I just love the look of the Renthal products and I have had no issues with the performance till then or since then till now.

https://www.bike-components.de/en/Renthal/

Not sure if these guys will have what you want, good luck.

Have you guys tried the motorcycle dealers/distributors, you can get the enduro/mx handlebars over the counter so surely they can ship a mtb bar with their next order...

Think bikewise was the distributor, otherwise I know Kawasaki come standard with them so they might be able to help

Don't you pay double VAT (overseas and local) when using Global Shopper. I have used it before and it is very efficient.

Don't you pay double VAT (overseas and local) when using Global Shopper. I have used it before and it is very efficient.

You do. Which is a pain but I use it for things that a) I can't get here b) things I want and really can't be bothered with the hack of other delivery services c) bargains where I'm still saving when landed here. 

I've used it for everything from a spare part through to full frames and the benefit is they take the value for customs and duty on the invoice you upload to their system. Hint. 

Hi guys,

Any idea where one could find Renthal products or specifically to MTB in SA? Sorry if i missed it,  but couldn't find anything with the search function. The only local distributor i'm able to find seems like solely motorbike related?

looking for some v2 Fatbars and an Apex stem specifically

Thanks

Morné

Speak to Ridewithzeal.co.za - they have them on occasion - they will help you I am sure.

Archived