Camelbak bladder leak. Repairable?

Chris NewbyFraser

My reasonably new Camelbak bladder has a pinhole leak near the neck. I tried a couple of adhesives to plug it but with no success. Is there an adhesive I can use to fix the thing?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently bought a Camelbak at CWC and was told at checkout to keep the slip as Camelbak have a limited lifetime warranty on the bladder for defaults, etc.

There's a product called ShoeGoo, available at Sportsmans Warehouse. It bonds to just about anything and remains flexible when dry.

send it back and they will replace the bladder(not the bite valves and tubes just the bladder) 

They have replaced 2 of mine that were +- 8 years old when they started to leak, Camelbak lifetime warranty for the win pointless buying other brands.

good to know as I have a spare bladder in the garage with a leak

send it back and they will replace the bladder(not the bite valves and tubes just the bladder) 

They have replaced 2 of mine that were +- 8 years old when they started to leak, Camelbak lifetime warranty for the win pointless buying other brands.

I had the same success.

Aquaseal Urethane glue should the job too. Well know to divers for repairs in rubber ducks, wetsuits etc etc. I use it to repair kite bladders. Creates a super tough very very flexible film for repairing things like pin holes too.

Just not cheap

I used clear silicon to glue up a leak at the hose fitting at the bottom of my Dakine packs bladder.  Has lasted for ages already. 

Aquaseal Urethane glue should the job too. Well know to divers for repairs in rubber ducks, wetsuits etc etc. I use it to repair kite bladders. Creates a super tough very very flexible film for repairing things like pin holes too.

Just not cheap

I used that to repair a 1 cm long cut in a Camelbak bladder about 5 years ago and it is still 100%.

you still have to have the proof of puchase ? Mine is old as donkey crap ...but the pack is still fine , so a new bladder would be awesome 

Can also try patches used for porta pools or inflatable plastic kiddies pools. Almost like thicker sellotape. Sportsman's warehouse used to have.

My reasonably new Camelbak bladder has a pinhole leak near the neck. I tried a couple of adhesives to plug it but with no success. Is there an adhesive I can use to fix the thing?

Put Stans in it