Full suspension XC bike

Zorro5614

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give the Silverback Sesta Pro Eagle a look!

Did have it on my initial list.  Nicely specced bike, just external cable routing put me off

Did have it on my initial list.  Nicely specced bike, just external cable routing put me off

Don't be. Its much easier to maintain the bike with external cable routing

You'll probably still be able to pick up a 2018 Scott Spark RC PRO at Bike Addict that will be priced more or less the same as the 2019 Team that's on your list. I'd rather go with the year older model Pro than the Team. I have the 2017 RC Pro, never loved a bike this much. I'm not planning on replacing it within the next 8-10 years (In the year prior to this bike I bought and sold 3 bikes I couldn't get comfortable on if that says anything)

The Anthem cannot be beaten for quality and value for money not to mention the excellent frame warranty.

It is an excellent XC bike.

For xc I always look at price per weight, with specific attention to the weight of the wheels. The Scott is very nice but the wheels seem heavy for the price. The Cannondale is surprisingly light for the price but the proprietriness (is this a word?) puts me off.

If the Anthem had space for two bottle cage, I would probably have bought it already

Might just need to dust off the Camelbak 

If the Anthem had space for two bottle cage, I would probably have bought it already

Camelbak for XCO racing. NO, NO, NO!  :whistling:

Go with your heart. You have to look back at your bike everytime you walk away. A head decision bike will not do that.

Camelbak for XCO racing. NO, NO, NO! :whistling:

but definitely a yes for that early morning freshly brewed espresso after ascending gspot before hitting coetzenburg xc course on the way to work. I have the best commute ????

Not gonna choose a bike here, just giving a thought train. Go for the best combo of fork, frame and wheels. The rest can be upgraded slowly and at less cost. Difficult to retrofit a frame to take another bottle in the triangle though.

Giant Anthem offers great value for money. Best bike I have owned, all be it the anthem 1 aluminum. I Love it. The maestro suspension is great and the weight of the complete bike is very competitive for the price.

Honestly, of the lot, I'd go for the Dale IF it had the new Ocho lefty. Otherwise the Scott RC gets my vote, IF you're racing for position. If you're not racing for position, I'd get the normal Spark (not the RC) as it's a much more comfortable, capable and confidence inspiring machine with its more progressive geo, and with the Twinlock won't give up that much on the climbs. 

On longer rides I just put an extra bottle in my SWAT bib shorts. Sits so tightly against me I hardly notice it's there...

This is solving your water issue and is a low key vote for Giant! 

Also, someone correct me if i'm mistaken, but carbon wheels make a fairly substantial difference!

That front triangle on the Anthem is so big you could easily squeeze a 1L bottle in there. Or attach one to the seatpost if you're not running a dropper.

2018 Cannondale Scalpel SI Carbon Eagle 3

2019 Cannondale Scalpel SI Carbon 4

2018 Giant Anthem Advanced Pro 1

2019 Scott Spark RC 900 Team

2018 Trek Top Fuel 9,7

These are the ones you should really be considering 

and out of them the giant and Cannondale are the best value for money picks

Archived