Conti GP 5000 Clincher and Tubeless anybody seen them?

CASSIE1975

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, thank you - order placed with some Revo Sealant :D

Looking forward to the all the new Strava PRs!

Any experience with Revo.?

Still looking for " most suitable sealant" for road tubeless.

Please say you don't only have 23's...

But some of us can only use 23's!  Luckily Naas had stock f the 4000's when I was in town in October.

Any experience with Revo.?

Still looking for " most suitable sealant" for road tubeless.

I will have some experience with it next week and let you know how it goes after a few weeks riding :). Andreas recommended Orange Seal, but I can't seem to find that locally fast enough to satisfy my curiosity. 

I will have some experience with it next week and let you know how it goes after a few weeks riding :). Andreas recommended Orange Seal, but I can't seem to find that locally fast enough to satisfy my curiosity.

Been trying to get the illusive Orange Seal too.

Seems only available out of the US but expensive to ship if you're not buying much else.

Been trying to get the illusive Orange Seal too.

Seems only available out of the US but expensive to ship if you're not buying much else.

Cool - maybe Naas can help us out by adding some Orange Seal to their next shipment  ^_^  I will see how the Revo Seal goes, seems its all only arriving next week.

They finally arrived today and I installed them this evening. The installation reminded me once again of how painful it is to fit tubeless road tires onto my Giant SLR rims! Raw thumbs aside they inflated pretty easily and sealed well.

I did a short test ride afterwards - they feel awesome v.s the gatorskins, I can notice the improved grip on braking and cornering, they feel similar to schwalbe pro ones imho. Now for the real test - out on the road to see how they handle the year-end glass carnage - running with revo sealant ...

post-113886-0-17033300-1544474640_thumb.jpg

Edited by Manuel De Jesus

They finally arrived today and I installed them this evening. The installation reminded me once again of how painful it is to fit tubeless road tires onto my Giant SLR rims! Raw thumbs aside they inflated pretty easily and sealed well.

I did a short test ride afterwards - they feel awesome v.s the gatorskins, I can notice the improved grip on braking and cornering, they feel similar to schwalbe pro ones imho. Now for the real test - out on the road to see how they handle the year-end glass carnage - running with revo sealant ...

attachicon.giftubeless.jpg

Did you get the Revo from Evo? At this point of the year, I can't stomach R1500 on tyres... though my rear is looking a little flat in the middle...  :drool:

But some of us can only use 23's!  Luckily Naas had stock f the 4000's when I was in town in October.

What bike do you have that can only take 23c? A friend of mine has a propel that can take 25 but only certain brands and models. I think gp 4000 the 25c doesn't fit.

not entirely relevent because im in the UK at mo but i just bought a pair of GP500 clinchers for R1400 on special - looking forward to trying them out as replacements for my 4000 s2 s when i get back in jan :whistling:

Did you get the Revo from Evo? At this point of the year, I can't stomach R1500 on tyres... though my rear is looking a little flat in the middle...  :drool:

Yes, it was the simpler option - I was hoping to receive it before my weekend ride, but only got everything yesterday.

https://www.evobikes.co.za/continental-revosealant-1000ml.html

Its a 1L bottle so you are welcome to get some from me if you'd like to test. It might be an exercise in cursing if the GP 5000's don't handle glass cuts well though!

attachicon.giftubeless.jpg

Glad you got them fitted!

Next time order one of these tyre lifts. They make life much easier!

https://www.evobikes.co.za/radon-tire-clamp.html