MTB Tyre Sealant Choices

DarrenV

17 hours ago, Johan said:

Enduro for me too. Had a few punctures but seals very fast.

Can i use CO2 with Enduro in my Maxxis tyres ? In emergency.

Yes. Had to do this the other day and it’s fine. 

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought some of the blue Fug-it from Midas. It works well, but it's a little too thick and can cause a bit of a wobble / imbalance. Can I thin it with water or would anti-freeze (glycol) be better?

They have a thinner (white) cycling specific variant which I've used, and it works well, but the LBS doesn't stock it anymore.

Edited by MrJacques

On 6/29/2022 at 4:58 PM, dasilvarsa said:

If you get a Small Thorn Puncture (Devil Thorn) Enduro seals it good and Fast.

Any Other Kind of Puncture Such as Nail or Glass then it Just Bubbles Out.

After Plugging it does Seal but then the Tyre is Toast.

I've used Enduro Seal for the last 3 years and have to agree. Small thorns ie 1-2mm it seals after a bit of spray but larger than that is a ride-ending problem. I've had to use plugs on 2 occasions.. Enduro is also VERY prone to velcro sidewalls together and in my experience, if you don't clean it out every 3 months you wont get it out unless you battle with Benzine which isn't kind to your body.

18 hours ago, love2fly said:

I've used Enduro Seal for the last 3 years and have to agree. Small thorns ie 1-2mm it seals after a bit of spray but larger than that is a ride-ending problem. I've had to use plugs on 2 occasions.. Enduro is also VERY prone to velcro sidewalls together and in my experience, if you don't clean it out every 3 months you wont get it out unless you battle with Benzine which isn't kind to your body.

Hmmmm,

the only time I've struggled to get Enduro to seal the tyre was with a side wall cut above the tyre bead or if the sealant has been in the tyre for more than a month or two depending on weather. sEalant has to be topped up regularly otherwise it separates and only the diluent will flow. 

Yes Enduro does glue the sidewalls if you're not careful and its very tacky. But as long as I keep on top of the amount and condition of the sealant in the tyre its never let me down.

How often do you ride and how often are you toping up?

Edited by DieselnDust

5 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

Hmmmm,

the only time I've struggled to get Enduro to seal the tyre was with a side wall cut above the tyre bead or if the sealant has been in the tyre for more than a month or two depending on weather. sEalant has to be topped up regularly otherwise it separates and only the diluent will flow. 

Yes Enduro does glue the sidewalls if you're not careful and its very tacky. But as long as I keep on top of the amount and condition of the sealant in the tyre its never let me down.

How often do you ride and how often are you toping up?

Me? 2x per week or more. Top up when I shake wheel and don't hear liquid....

I had to plug a small hole in my Ikon yesterday. Topped up 100mils but it just would not seal this hole.

If you increase Tyre Pressure say to 2.3 Bar Then the Old Holes Open Up again and then Seal Again.

I want to change from Enduro but Don't Know what to Change To.

Shelf Life of Enduro Also Sucks (don't buy more than you need).

Thinking of trying this Stuff

https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/product/sportsmans-warehouse-tubeless-tyre-sealant/

8 minutes ago, dasilvarsa said:

I had to plug a small hole in my Ikon yesterday. Topped up 100mils but it just would not seal this hole.

If you increase Tyre Pressure say to 2.3 Bar Then the Old Holes Open Up again and then Seal Again.

https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/product/sportsmans-warehouse-tubeless-tyre-sealant/

Looks like repackaged Ryder sealant, possibly.

From my experience it depends where the hole/cut is. Had a very small cut from a piece of glas in a brand new ikon tire. Should have sealed easily. But not stans/ryder/enduro seal managed to seal it, as the cut was right at the bottom of one of the knobblies. Plugged it and has been holding for 1000km since. No issues.

I have plugged many tires that then lasted for the remainder of the tires lifespan without any issues. 

30 minutes ago, dasilvarsa said:

I would just plug and forget if it is a small hole.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know how many ml's you need per MTB wheel with Enduro Seal?

For some reason they don't state that basic fact anywhere obvious on their website, weird.

And while I'm asking how many ml's does Ryder sealant require per wheel?

Edited by Skylark

Pretty much personal preference hence no guidance. I use 100ml per tyre in. 29x2.4 tyre. 
tol up is about 60ml per month in summer.

clean out at every 3-4month or when tyres are done which usually within that window 

13 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Pretty much personal preference hence no guidance. I use 100ml per tyre in. 29x2.4 tyre. 

clean out at every 3-4month or when tyres are done which usually within that window 

Is that for Ryder or Enduro Seal?

1 hour ago, DieselnDust said:

How much do you ride ?

Me 2022 Activities234 Distance6,414.9 km Elev Gain33,901 m

I'm getting 5K on Back Tyre and 15K+ on Front (Maxxis Ardent Race).

I top up Enduro every 6 Months but gooi in 125ml in each.

(half bottle in front the other half at the back)