MTB Tyre Sealant Choices

DarrenV

I'm using Orange Seal (Endurance).

I don't want to brag and jinx it it the process, BUT, I didn't have a single puncture in about a year of regular riding.

Only replaced/top-up the sealant twice during this time.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of these sealants are the same. If you buy it in the big bottles you need to shake it very well otherwise the granules that seal the bigger holes are all left at the bottom and it just spills out the white sticky all over everything like at you first gf and it's a sucks to clean after the fun is over.... (seriously need a different fonts 😜) 

19 minutes ago, Me rida my bicycle said:

Most of these sealants are the same. If you buy it in the big bottles you need to shake it very well otherwise the granules that seal the bigger holes are all left at the bottom and it just spills out the white sticky all over everything like at you first gf and it's a sucks to clean after the fun is over.... (seriously need a different fonts 😜) 

RTFM

Dankie @ChrisFek is nie 10 so Chris wat gelukkig baie te doen het met die jong spil het daai vir my ontleed. Was nou net op pad om vir Google te vra 🤣

Party mense moet inskryf vir die Durban July so gou soos hulle op 'n perdjie spring 🙃

• 2 weeks later...

I decide to make some according to u tube video.

Startup Costs R257

Formula for 1 tyre in this Order.

Ammonia 20 ml

Rubber(Latex) 40 ml

Anti Freeze (Ethylene Glycol) 40 ml

Water 40 ml

Put 2 Level Tablespoons of Braai Pap Inside the tyre. (It wont go through the Valve)

It's Holding Air Like a Champion (Let's see what happens when a puncture occurs)

chem.jpg

15 hours ago, dasilvarsa said:

Startup Costs R257

Ammonia 20 ml

Rubber(Latex) 40 ml

Water 40 ml

Put 2 Level Tablespoons of Braai Pap Inside the tyre. (It wont go through the Valve)

It's Holding Air Like a Champion (Let's see what happens when a puncture occurs)

chem.jpg

Bake at 180 for 35 minutes and let it cool down before removing from the baking tin?

15 hours ago, dasilvarsa said:

Startup Costs R257

Ammonia 20 ml

Rubber(Latex) 40 ml

Water 40 ml

chem.jpg

pap wiel 😅

14 minutes ago, dasilvarsa said:

Why do you say that ?

Have you tried it before ?

Probably because you literally have pap in your wheel

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, guidodg said:

Deed or Fugit...any takers?

The white cycling specific Fugit is nice. The blue one is thicker, but you might be able to think it with some water or anti-freeze.

Most Sealants are pretty much the same Stuff.

Ethylene Glycol, Latex, Ammonia, Water and Cellulose Fibers , Clay, Synthetic Fibers and Thickeners.

Some Have no Added Ammonia but the Latex has Ammonia.

The Problem with buying sealant is that the sealant on the shelf is usually old.

About a month ago I went through the sealant at Sportsmans and found bottles from 2021.

Also people tend to buy too much as in 1 liter bottles. The Stuff Separates and goes off.

The Ammonia turns to gas and is released into the air and then the latex solidifies in the tyre.

Answer:

Buy only Fresh sealant.

Buy only as much as you need.

Make your Own (Then it's always fresh).

• 2 months later...
On 3/11/2023 at 8:29 PM, dasilvarsa said:

Startup Costs R257

Ammonia 20 ml

Rubber(Latex) 40 ml

Water 40 ml

chem.jpg

Ethylene Glycol is toxic