Bike Hub 2019 Commuters Challenge

Imploder

Busy getting dark in Polokwane as well.

Yesterday was an adventure.

The rain had stopped, but the gravel road home was more of a mud road!

We will see what happens just after 5 today!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two hailstorms in one night?! Geez Cat you'd think after the first one you'd put the bike away and go to bed.  :P

I was going to - but we were still 4 km from home. It cleared up nicely after the first one and then next moment hail again, Luckily a lot smaller stones than the early January storm, but a lot of electricity around. 

Got caught in two hailstorms last night. That makes it 3 for the year.

I'll see you and i raise you I got caught out by snow drifts in the forest last week. Up to axle height in the fresh that became a 4k bike till the small tar road(no more tar to be seen ;) ). Then diverted to the main raod so I could cycle behind the snow plow till home. 

There is still a lot of snow left so the mountainbike is out for now. But the tar road is clearish might try the roadbike tomorro for the first time this year as commute.

Argh I have white socks today. Looks like I might be riding home with my black work socks on. Not ruining another pair of socks in the rain. Weather looking seriously dodge here at the airport right now.

Argh I have white socks today. Looks like I might be riding home with my black work socks on. Not ruining another pair of socks in the rain. Weather looking seriously dodge here at the airport right now.

There's some dark clouds here in Sandton too. And some rumbles, but maybe that's just in my head. Just now checked YR and they reckon no chance of rain in either Sandton or Randburg. Accuweather says 'partly sunny'. 

Spruit was still very muddy this morning from yesterday afternoon's downpours. Wouldn't mind it drying out a bit.

Edited by cat-i

3 x BMW's ?

In Polokwane it appears to be no Indicator day today. Almost got taken out 3 times by cars not signalling.

There's some dark clouds here in Sandton too. And some rumbles, but maybe that's just in my head. Just now checked YR and they reckon no chance of rain in either Sandton or Randburg. Accuweather says 'partly sunny'. 

Spruit was still very muddy this morning from yesterday afternoon's downpours. Wouldn't mind it drying out a bit.

Rained for about 20min about an hour ago. Light drizzle on and off currently. Roads look wet in the "potholes" but a dryish line is forming where the cars drive.

Rained for about 20min about an hour ago. Light drizzle on and off currently. Roads look wet in the "potholes" but a dryish line is forming where the cars drive.

I got drenched yesterday in the down pour at around 4pm. Had to head outside to get our advertising flags that were about to blow away and cause a pileup on the highway.

got home to boksburg later to find that not even a drop had fallen there.