For the aviation fans

Lotus

If it is a russian aircraft they won't even notice Will propably think it was one of the rivets comming loose.

Bliksem those things are scary. I was waiting for one of our freighters once out near cargo(D bay on the apron) and one of those illushin/antonov things was parked in the bay next to where my aircraft was going to park. I was looking at the tyres(and it has a lot) and most of them were seriously bald with canvas showing. I don't think half of them would have made our minimum limits. The crew got there while I was doing inspections on my aircraft and the pilots are ancient guys with glasses as thick as the cockpit windows. The only way they take off here at ORT is wait for the curvature of the earth to dip away from them(a problem if you a flat earther).

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bliksem those things are scary. I was waiting for one of our freighters once out near cargo(D bay on the apron) and one of those illushin/antonov things was parked in the bay next to where my aircraft was going to park. I was looking at the tyres(and it has a lot) and most of them were seriously bald with canvas showing. I don't think half of them would have made our minimum limits. The crew got there while I was doing inspections on my aircraft and the pilots are ancient guys with glasses as thick as the cockpit windows. The only way they take off here at ORT is wait for the curvature of the earth to dip away from them(a problem if you a flat earther).

:D Then it is not called a Antanov anymore but rather Lada.

LWB but don't SA or ACSA have inspectors at the airports that check the aircraft landing there for "air worthiness".  I know Germany have inspectors at the airports and they check aircraft after landing and if tyres are shot or there are other issues the airlines get fined and if it happens often they might even ban the airline of flying in German airspace.  Should the problem be big enough they might even ground the aircraft it will need to be repaired first before taking off.

LWB but don't SA or ACSA have inspectors at the airports that check the aircraft landing there for "air worthiness".  I know Germany have inspectors at the airports and they check aircraft after landing and if tyres are shot or there are other issues the airlines get fined and if it happens often they might even ban the airline of flying in German airspace.  Should the problem be big enough they might even ground the aircraft it will need to be repaired first before taking off.

Sjoe TBH I don't know. Maybe because when I worked on the line, I only did SAA, Mango and Kulula, I never saw or dealt with any sort of ACSA inspector due to them being local.

There is also the possibility that maybe their limits are a lot less strict as ours? We have been accused of over maintaining our aircraft before.

LWB but don't SA or ACSA have inspectors at the airports that check the aircraft landing there for "air worthiness". I know Germany have inspectors at the airports and they check aircraft after landing and if tyres are shot or there are other issues the airlines get fined and if it happens often they might even ban the airline of flying in German airspace. Should the problem be big enough they might even ground the aircraft it will need to be repaired first before taking off.

Am I right in thinking that some of the Russian airlines are not allowed to fly to Europe because of their lack of safety?

Am I right in thinking that some of the Russian airlines are not allowed to fly to Europe because of their lack of safety?

Very possible.  Not just Russian but African countries and other Asian countries.

TAAG(Angola) was(not sure if they still are) banned from flying into any EASA(European) airspace for a while. They signed a deal with us so our flights into LHR, MUC and FRA were made up of a lot of Angolans.

TAAG(Angola) was(not sure if they still are) banned from flying into any EASA(European) airspace for a while. They signed a deal with us so our flights into LHR, MUC and FRA were made up of a lot of Angolans.

EASA lifted the banning for TAAG (national airline of Angola) and Heli Malongo (private operator) early 2019

List of easa banned airlines can be seen here:

https://ec.europa.eu/transport/modes/air/safety/air-ban/search_en

So something dodge then if it's not on flight radar. A massive load of currency leaving our shores....... or gold and diamonds.

I always wonder what's happening when I don't see an aircraft on FR. I sometimes see small jets flow over my place low and I go look on FR and they not there at all, like a ghost............

Some operators choose not to allow flight radar to show their flights for a variety of reasons, mostly privacy and competition amongst charter operators.

When I was working for a CAMO most of our customers who owned their own aircraft did this.

Edited by SwissVan

Some operators choose not to allow flight radar to show their flights for a variety of reasons, mostly privacy and competition amongst charter operators.

When I was working for a CAMO most of our customers who owned their own aircraft did this.

Apologies if it is a dumb question, but what is a CAMO?

So something dodge then if it's not on flight radar. A massive load of currency leaving our shores....... or gold and diamonds.

I always wonder what's happening when I don't see an aircraft on FR. I sometimes see small jets flow over my place low and I go look on FR and they not there at all, like a ghost............

I know when hubby's travels in and out on their company plane they don't get much info when the bullion is traveling with (I also can't track it on FR)..I kind of just get a message..boarding now, then I must make haste [emoji1787]

Suppose its a safety precaution

Edited by Gen

Apologies if it is a dumb question, but what is a CAMO?

Continued Airworthiness Management Organization

They basically manage the airworthiness of a customers aircraft, make sure all the maintenance is performed iaw the regulations, and that all the documentation is done as per regulations.

Aka, fixing planes from a desk

I was at Dubai DWC the other afternoon to do Jepp database updates on our Challenger. Of course I waited for our new Global 7500 to arrive. Looking forward to flying this beast.attachicon.gif77DAA517-29A5-44E2-955B-910579E2CD21.jpegattachicon.gif618347A1-93F0-419B-8E32-EEA4C03FE576.jpeg

That challenger is a beaut!!! Must be my favourite. My father used to fly them. ZS-OSG was the last one he flew.

post-2891-16091752063706.jpg

(Image stolen from: https://www.jetphotos.com/registration/ZS-OSG)

Edit: forgot to attach pic

Edited by Antoni

It happened last night again.About 12.20AM.I looked up on flight radar and there was nothing at that time.It was big and loud and low

Black Ops . . . .  :-)

STORED at Tarbes airport... Photos: Eurospot twitter.com/cliper31

Already changed the reg numbers. So as soon as whoever has started leasing them from the owner decides to fly they will re-spray them.

There are only 9 aircraft left here at SAAT. 6 A340s that we own.  1 A330 that the lessor decided to leave here and then 2 A319s that also got left here by the lessor. Before Business Rescue and Covid we had 48 aircraft, so 39 left to be stored elsewhere.