Musicians of the Cog

Jase619

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I popped into Andertons today, wanted to look at a white strat and ended up mucking around and had a look at a Squier Classic Vibe 50's tele. Man this is not the bullet strat variety of guitar, this is pretty classy and when compared to a MiM tele i thought it was better made. Did not play through an amp just noodled a bit in the corner. 

Anyone here got a classi vibe tele or strat? 

Edited by IceCreamMan

I popped into Andertons today, wanted to look at a white strat and ended up mucking around and had a look at a Squier Classic Vibe 50's tele. Man this is not the bullet strat variety of guitar, this is pretty classy and when compared to a MiM tele i thought it was better made. Did not play through an amp just noodled a bit in the corner. 

Nope but I'm about to pull the trigger on a GA3 Taylor 12 String

Classic vibes are proper Fender instruments. And they are absolutely gorgeous.

I've never owned a Strat, but every time I listen to Dire Straits, SRV, Hendrix etc I just cant figure out why the hell not.

Happy to say Ive got Corona.

Nice, Fender just make drool worthy instruments.

Got me a mex tele in the end. Second hand and in spotless condition. Hope to pick it up this evening as i asked for a lil set up. will post a pic. My first ever tele. 

I bought the APril edition of Guitarist...it came with 10 prints.. fine fine instruments in that lot. There is an article on NAMM 2020 and one guitar really piqued my interest being the new SLash models... but no left handed models so thats a strike. 

Nice, Fender just make drool worthy instruments.

Got me a mex tele in the end. Second hand and in spotless condition. Hope to pick it up this evening as i asked for a lil set up. will post a pic. My first ever tele.

I bought the APril edition of Guitarist...it came with 10 prints.. fine fine instruments in that lot. There is an article on NAMM 2020 and one guitar really piqued my interest being the new SLash models... but no left handed models so thats a strike.

Absolutely nothing wrong with MIM, my favorite guitar is a Mex Strat. Just plays like butter. Please post a pic.

Absolutely nothing wrong with MIM, my favorite guitar is a Mex Strat. Just plays like butter. Please post a pic.

Not collected it yet, they have a couple of guys off work so a bit behind schedule. Hope to get it this week. Butterscotch tele .. Fender Player series 

Not collected it yet, they have a couple of guys off work so a bit behind schedule. Hope to get it this week. Butterscotch tele .. Fender Player series

The Playerseries is closer to an American Standard than a MIM. 22 Frets, Alnico pickups, better hardware and the finish is up to US standard. Killer guitars.

So unwrapped it and then sat in awe. What a beautiful instrument. Whether one is a player or not it’s a thing of beauty full of promise and potential. My first ever Tele an first ever maple fretboard.

Spent 30 minutes setting it up, was nearly flawless out of the box,

Hooked it up to my lil Blackstar and it’s twangy, sure is twangy but that’s to be expected. I can dial it out completely but what’s the point. Playability, I think this is the best playing Fender I have ever had and I have owned MIA and MiM strats in the past. This thing is like butter, incredibly smooth.

post-58227-0-42659800-1585081315_thumb.jpeg

post-58227-0-98136500-1585081335_thumb.jpeg

post-58227-0-35778200-1585081350_thumb.jpeg

Edited by IceCreamMan