Musicians of the Cog

Jase619

I was at red head eds show last night.

Man he is a very very talented. 

both ed and passenger can play the guitar like few. 

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a big Passanger fan, especially since he went solo.

Im a big Passanger fan, especially since he went solo.

Did not know that he was part of a group! 

It seems that he does a number of tours with ed

Did not know that he was part of a group!

It seems that he does a number of tours with ed

He had a band named Passanger, they dissolved in 2009.

What I actually meant to say is that I love his cover projects. His studio albums are great, but he is releasing some very interesting covers quite often.

I'm not a muso per se..

Bought a drum kit back in the 90's as a student and played in a pub band with mates every weekend for a while. Gave that up and moved on into being the person who makes the muso sound as good as they can be.. Crap in = crap out. It doesnt get any better. Did that for a number of years and toured the country and world with select artists.

Now I'm a behind the scenes person who makes them on stage as comfortable as possible. Its a symbiotic type of relationship. Without me you dont have a platform to perform. Without you I dont have a gig..

Spent a lot of time over the year with muso's. My grandfather was an exceptionally talented piano and clarinet player and I have seen it follow through to my eldest daughter. Pity that at such a young age she wont understand the natural talent she has. Maybe one day. Its a skill and talent that I admire in anyone who is able to play music. You are able to harness something into another dimension that the rest of the mortals on this earth can't fathom. Much respect!

I dont really do small shows anymore but do the larger productions and I love seeing a small garage type band grace the stage of a stadium or arena and have access to the biggest PA, a split monitor and FoH system with individual mixes. Its a big learning curve..

I recently spent 5 weeks in Europe touring with a certain CT based artist and band and it was a great experiance for all of us. I was tour manager dealing with daily schedules, technical advance for each venue, tour accounting, tour routing with the bus driver - 22 shows in 5 weeks. Border crossing (according to Swiss Customs we were a cycling team), Radio and TV promo work and general herding of cats.

If you can manage to keep up a cycling and musical hobby.. big Kudos! Neither are cheap, unless you play the cowbell or triangle..

I recently spent 5 weeks in Europe touring with a certain CT based artist and band and it was a great experiance for all of us.

Lucy and Medicine Boy perhaps?

I recently spent 5 weeks in Europe touring with a certain CT based artist and band and it was a great experiance for all of us. I was tour manager dealing with daily schedules, technical advance for each venue, tour accounting, tour routing with the bus driver - 22 shows in 5 weeks. Border crossing (according to Swiss Customs we were a cycling team), Radio and TV promo work and general herding of cats.

Did it have anything to do with levitation?

Did it have anything to do with levitation?

i think i guessed right first time.

tour started in amsterdam, 5 weeks later they were in london.

one show in zurich along the way

i got given last minute tickets, damn these things are pricey these days!

he is one helluva artist, you can see he has done the hard yards on the road playing and playing and playing and is just so at ease. (hard to see but i think he might have someone turning the loop tracks off sometimes)

I just don't think a one man looping show belongs in a stadium.

bit much for 2 hours, surprised he didn't even bring his mate on and play a few together.

but maybe that's just me. he sold out 2 shows and wasn't shy on the pricing. I'll prefer a big ass rock 'n roll band belting it out.

was great to see the stormers in CT stadium again too

56177122_10161541262010282_7972534696762

• 1 month later...

Pic from our last show. Another one tomorrow in Stellenbosch

59680007_348993492421532_736380025681679

What do you do with your damaged symbols?