UCI XCO World Cup 2019 Season

Hairy

So the season kicks off soon and if last season was anything to go by we are in for a treat.

Two top contenders this year are rocking on these Scottie's

Nino Schurter’s 2019 Scott race bike

pro-bike-check-nino-schurter-2019-scott-

Shout out to Topeak, still in the game with that bottle cage from 2004.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My theory is he'd like to be her boyfriend...

He needs to get rid of the bum fluff on his upper lip first  :huh:

Any news on Mathieu vdP of  CX fame doing XCO series this year?

He certainly cleaned in veldry this year, no one could touch him: TOTAL domination this guy is a beast of note. I think he intends of doing some road as well this EU summer but has one eye on doing the Olympic XCO so hopefully that means soem UCI XCO participation.

Would be good to see some competition up front in the Mens XCO.

Its upside down as the left hand AXS shifter is occupying its space below the bar. The bikerumor article says he will switch it back to the bottom for racing since he won't use the dropper in races

Nope, that is a Left hand side - Top lockout.

You get Top and Bottom lockouts.

If he flipped that around it would face the wrong way for left hand, it would have to go Right hand bottom but it cant cause that is where the shifter is.

Nope, that is a Left hand side - Top lockout.

You get Top and Bottom lockouts.

If he flipped that around it would face the wrong way for left hand, it would have to go Right hand bottom but it cant cause that is where the shifter is.

Quote from the article:”The addition of the Reverb’s dropper remote means the latest Twinloc suspension lockout remote was moved to the top of the bar. It’s not the most ergonomic placement, so it goes back under the bar for race days when he’s not using a dropper.”

I don’t know whether what you say has technical merit or not- I’m not big into Scott bikes- but the article doesn’t mention Top lever being replaced by a bottom lever. It just says it’s is moved. So if there are two types then thanks for teaching me something today

Edited by DieselnDust

Quote from the article:”The addition of the Reverb’s dropper remote means the latest Twinloc suspension lockout remote was moved to the top of the bar. It’s not the most ergonomic placement, so it goes back under the bar for race days when he’s not using a dropper.”

I don’t know whether what you say has technical merit or not- I’m not big into Scott bikes- but the article doesn’t mention Top lever being replaced by a bottom lever. It just says it’s is moved. So if there are two types then thanks for teaching me something today

Thats why they say dont believe everything you read.  ;)

The guy writing the article probably also does not know all the technicalities.

Think about it for a second.  You can not turn that lever around, you can only rotate it on the handle bar.  If you turn it around the cable routing would be on the outside of the handlebar, which wont work.  If you rotate that lever as it is from top to bottom, then the levers are facing the wrong way, which wont work either.

I have installed plenty of those and only ordered the wrong one once!

The one for the bottom is designed for 1x setups where there is not a shifter on the left hand side.

If you had a right side top, yes that you can swap to left side bottom.  But top can go top to bottom on the same side.

Edited by Tankman

I thought of the mounting but figured that Scott whloukd be clever enough to design it in such a way that only the clamp would need to be changed and not the whole lever

I thought of the mounting but figured that Scott whloukd be clever enough to design it in such a way that only the clamp would need to be changed and not the whole lever

And loose out on a R1400 sale, no way!

Its the same with the Rock Shox XLock Dual lever.

They come in Left and Right.

Meaning top Left or Right.

Right can go left bottom and Left right bottom :blink: ... if that makes sense.

Makes perfect sense. I just wasn’t aware that Scott had followed the same path.

R1400 bucks!!! Well they’ve never been afraid to charge the earth. DT hubs are nearly half the price they used to be since getstoked took over...

Makes perfect sense. I just wasn’t aware that Scott had followed the same path.

R1400 bucks!!! Well they’ve never been afraid to charge the earth. DT hubs are nearly half the price they used to be since getstoked took over...

Is there an online price for DT 350's locally? I need to start saving. After servicing my wife's DT's and seeing how well they are designed I want a set. 9 years without bearings needing a change is the way all hubs should be.