Has anyone done the BIG snip?

Beard

@stretch after the op you still produce swimmers, they just can't get to the storage sack that they end up at. That's also why there's a delay inbetween getting the procedure and being sterile: the sack needs to be emptied.

Also, it is reversible.

Yeah I know..I meant the fertile swimmers.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, I got mine done 18 months before I separated from my ex. So quite a bit before. 

Limits the playing field a bit doesn't it

Limits the playing field a bit doesn't it

No, not at all. If I want another kid I can have one. Just reverse the procedure and hey presto. Difference is, I’ll now definitely have to plan it as the cost of reversal is ~50k. 

it’s just safer, that’s all.  No chance of a mistake / unplanned pregnancy etc. 

what are you trying to insinuate here tho, kransie?

No, not at all. If I want another kid I can have one. Just reverse the procedure and hey presto. Difference is, I’ll now definitely have to plan it as the cost of reversal is ~50k. 

it’s just safer, that’s all.  No chance of a mistake / unplanned pregnancy etc. 

what are you trying to insinuate here tho, kransie?

Nothing at all...I thought Splats comment was quite interesting

Maybe you meet someone you would like to have kids with..I know its reversable but I am not too keen on cutting bits off myself.I had no say in my circumcision.Still have my tonsils and appendix tho

I broached it with my wife a few years ago and got a strange response: What if I die and you remarry and want to have more kids ?

'Gee, like I hope not, I dunno and definitely not' were my answers and that sort of ended the conversation.

I think at that stage, she was harbouring thoughts of having a 3rd kid. Hopefully she is over that now that our two are 13 and 11 years old and our life is full and busy (and we realise how expensive kids are!).

Take a day off and get it done... easier to apologize than ask permission...

I broached it with my wife a few years ago and got a strange response: What if I die and you remarry and want to have more kids ?

'Gee, like I hope not, I dunno and definitely not' were my answers and that sort of ended the conversation.

I think at that stage, she was harbouring thoughts of having a 3rd kid. Hopefully she is over that now that our two are 13 and 11 years old and our life is full and busy (and we realise how expensive kids are!).

I am 20+ years married now... My wife would probably think I was having an affair! [emoji23] Edited by Stretch

That was the reason I opted for the local initially. However, during my procedure I started stressing a bit and getting anxious. According to the doctor, when your adrenaline starts pumping, the anesthetics wear off quicker, so half way I started feeling the cutting and a bit of pain and he had to readminister the anesthetics. Apparently I had nearly double the normal amount in the end. If I had known about taking a tranquilizer before, I would have!

So if you're harder than me and it doesn't bother you and you won't stress during the procedure, go for local

I asked for the tranq.... why worry about it.....

But you can compare the local anaesthetic mortality rate to that of a full anaesthetic.... you might reconsider.

I take it you do not know my wife at all ....  :whistling:

When I booked my appointment, the receptionist told me that either my wife needs to be there or I have to take a form home to her that she has to read and sign for approval.

When I booked my appointment, the receptionist told me that either my wife needs to be there or I have to take a form home to her that she has to read and sign for approval.

That receptionist is FOS - there is no legal requirement or obligation on you - your body.. your rules.

Wife permission is NOT required.

Like a consent form?

That you sign for your kids when they do activities at school ?  :lol:

That receptionist is FOS - there is no legal requirement or obligation on you - your body.. your rules.

Wife permission is NOT required.

Would be the polite and correct thing to do

Agreed it would be, but the receptionist has no legal footing to stand on, or to insist you have approval from the wife to have the procedure done.

Irrelevant if you are a gentleman

Irrelevant if you are a gentleman

social grace's have nothing to do with law

But I would personally never do this with out my wife's consent

Edited by Hairy