Has anyone done the BIG snip?

Beard

Vasectomy is the ultimate lesson for a procrastinator like me.

Agreed, took me a few months to get the courage to go. Then last year Feb I decided to go and the day before I was booked in the Urologist office called and asked to postpone as he had a major emergency op to do. It then took me another year to build up the courage and I finally went this last Friday

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, took me a few months to get the courage to go. Then last year Feb I decided to go and the day before I was booked in the Urologist office called and asked to postpone as he had a major emergency op to do. It then took me another year to build up the courage and I finally went this last Friday

Dude, it's actually so liberating. No fear of an unintended baby. Yeah, if you're single you still need to prep for STD's and ****, but for a couple, it's excellent. 

I haven’t read all posts, so will reply regardless.

Had mine done in theatre (only time I’ve ever experienced going under) and was back at work the next day. That was a Tuesday and did the Ride for Sight on the Sunday (2014). That was the biggest dwis move I’ve done (race) as the stitches hadn’t dissolved yet and I ended up with an open wound to look after. GP gave me something (can’t remember the name, but if memory is good it was chlorine dioxide).

Never went back for the sperm count test, as the Urologist was a bit more than a butcher with his “man handling”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t read all posts, so will reply regardless.

Had mine done in theatre (only time I’ve ever experienced going under) and was back at work the next day. That was a Tuesday and did the Ride for Sight on the Sunday (2014). That was the biggest dwis move I’ve done (race) as the stitches hadn’t dissolved yet and I ended up with an open wound to look after. GP gave me something (can’t remember the name, but if memory is good it was chlorine dioxide).

Never went back for the sperm count test, as the Urologist was a bit more than a butcher with his “man handling”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thing about the test is that you only need to take the bag that the doc (should) provides you with to the Pathcare / Ampath lab and hand it in. No need to see the Uro again, I just got a call from his office saying "congratulations"

Don't worry you'll be fine and back on the bike within 3 weeks. As for long term it does not affect any other functions other than producing viable swimmers.

And one tends to float easier when swimming. Also had the op done a few years ago, luckily everything went well and can't even recall serious pain or discomfort. So I'm a "wind hond" now myself.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Edited by BSG

I started the original Vasectomy thread a few years back.

Technically, ive been admitted for two vasectomies, but they forgot about me the first time round and by 4pm i was so hungry i just walked out of the hospital.

Then we had a pregnancy scare and I went back for the procedure.

I had a few complications that meant that I was bed bound and could not walk for a week or two. Basically a mixup of my prescription. Instead of 4 tramacets and 4 anti inflammatories  a day, I was told to take 8 tramacets. So i was totally high, but totally swollen. Was not fun.

That being said, its really great to not have to worry about another little one.

More money for bikes.

If I had twins I'd be in the theater for the Snip as soon as they have finished closing Wifey up.

I'll probably go for it on a couple of years. As soon as I convince Wifey that she also doesn't want a third child that is.

I have 8 month old twin boys and then a 3 year old boy. Both pregnancies were planned but we obviously didn't plan twins, we just hit the jackpot.

I was at my GP this morning with the twins and I asked him. He gave me the details of a guy at linksfield. He also said he thinks the wife has to go with to give permission. Gives a whole other meaning to "she has you by the balls"

Edited by Long Wheel Base

Anyone have recommendations for a Dr? Preferably at linksfield. The guy my GP suggested is Kevin Fisher.

Well the dr in George is dr Bahlman [emoji44][emoji54][emoji50][emoji2957]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

I almost had it done last year when I had a kidney stones procedure done. The missus insisted so much so I decided to have it done. I had all the necessary authorizations and everything was going as planned. Then, minutes before going into the theater, the urologist asked me if I was 100% sure I wanted to do it. I asked him if there was the any possibility of side effects or discomfort during cycling to what he replied, yes, there is a small possibility. And that was enough for me to push back and bailed out right there. The missus supported me all the way.