Has anyone done the BIG snip?

Beard

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only got on the bike about 3 weeks after and it wasn't uncomfortable but could still feel a slight dull pain in some positions(but nothing really to bad that I stopped riding). A week later all was good but most of my pain came from a stitch that didn't dissolve properly. The one stitch fell out and the hole closed nicely but the other just stuck there. I could feel that little sharp piece of gut jabbing me both inside my ball bag and at times it would jab me on the outside. I eventually manned up, got the leatherman and pulled the flipping thing out. It hurt a bit but as soon as it was out it instantly felt better. Had my test 3 months after the op and the count was zero. I am now a confirmed sports model.

too much kakpraat to read this whole thread.

I have to get an epididymectomy done for a recurring issue.

so while the doc is busy (i'm not having my nutsack cut twice) I'm sommer getting the snip.

so question for the guys that didn't go for the chair option, what was the recovery period?

planning a little breakaway a week later and would rather postpone if I can't take my bike (breakaway includes a visit to the in-laws and me taking the bike to avoid conflict, yes I'm that guy)

I Had it done in '17 and took the sleeping option. From all the stories I heard before there were a couple of horror ones but most of them positive. It was a day trip for me. I Stay in Middelburg and had it done at Wilgers in Pretoria. Me and the wife left town at 05:00. Checked in at the hospital at 07:00. Went into theater at 09:00. Back in the ward at 10:30. Ate a sarmie and was discharged at 11:00. Stopped at two bike shops to pick up some stuff. Had lunch at Mozambik and was back in town at 17:00. A week later I convinced my wife we should do a "test hump" just to confirm everything is working properly. Two weeks later I started riding bike again. I Didn't go straight for a four hour ride but a couple of two hour rides wasn't uncomfortable at all. My wounds healed very well and I even removed my own stitches before they dissolved. I Was given a Lancet form and sample bottle when I was discharged from the hospital. Three months later I went to Lancet here in town, did the restroom rub and handed it in. Got a call a couple of days later to confirming that I was shooting blank's. Don't know about riding after a week though, especially with two procedures being done same time ?  

LOL - this thread makes me remember a joke told by the Instructor at McCarthy when we were doing forklift training - "What do Forklifts and Women have in common? If you don't have one, you have to unload by hand..."

thanks chaps.

by the looks of things, the bike will have to stay at home then.  :( 

Fanie, How old is your daughter?

The Dr that did mine won't sommer do it if the kid is under 2(Not sure if all Drs are the same). If you have more than 1 kid and the younger is close to 2 he is a bit more lenient. When I first went to see the Dr my twins were 19 months(oldest was 4 already) and he was not very keen. I told him I only wanted to do it in March after the CTCT and they were then 21 Months and he then agreed. My wife was with me for the consult and she had to sign a form saying she is happy for me to have the op(giving a whole new meaning to she has you by the balls).

I haven't, and I don't plan to, why should I? My wife and I are quite careful - we do have a child together although she's going to be an only child. We would like to give her a little brother or a little sister, but it's finances what with school fees etc.

I haven't, and I don't plan to, why should I? My wife and I are quite careful - we do have a child together although she's going to be an only child. We would like to give her a little brother or a little sister, but it's finances what with school fees etc.

You don't have to, and people shouldn't be telling you to. It's your own decision, frankly. 

But. I will say it has tremendous upsides. No more last-minute rushes to get a dunny (if you're in a long term relationship) or having to worry about getting your Pull-Out Method game strong. When you're both horny AF and just wanna rip each other's clothes off. No mistakes, no mood-altering hormone suppressants, no surprises and the ability to plan when you want to have kids. Reverse the procedure when you're truly ready, and hey presto. 

Incidentally I thanked my lucky stars that I'd had it done, in the last days of my marriage. 

You don't have to, and people shouldn't be telling you to. It's your own decision, frankly. 

But. I will say it has tremendous upsides. No more last-minute rushes to get a dunny (if you're in a long term relationship) or having to worry about getting your Pull-Out Method game strong. When you're both horny AF and just wanna rip each other's clothes off. No mistakes, no mood-altering hormone suppressants, no surprises and the ability to plan when you want to have kids. Reverse the procedure when you're truly ready, and hey presto. 

Incidentally I thanked my lucky stars that I'd had it done, in the last days of my marriage. 

Yeh I think my wife and I are past the stage of ripping our clothes off, anyway, I'm 40 and she's 39. 30 April this year marked 4 years of being married to each other, and our daughter is 3 years old. We're content as a team of 3.

^^^ This

My wifes body has always acted strangely to the pill, so there were stages of persevering through the strangeness and stages of making sure the reverse thrusters were always primed and ready.

After my last child was born the decision was made that enough is enough and I had the procedure done. 

It lifted a weight off mine (and our) shoulders.

But, your body your choice. Everyone must make the decision that is right for them at the current time.

I was about to go for the snip a few months back, my wife and I dont have kids and badly want to keep it that way.

It was more to get her off the pill she has been on for the last 23 years and the adverse hormonal effects of it.

The doctor suggested we go to her gynae and chat about IUD's as a non-surgical alternative.

In the end we went with an IUD which lasts 5 years and can be removed at any time to reverse things.

It took a few minutes to get put in place in the chair and that was that. 

Pretty decent option for if you dont want the worries but also dont want to go permanent.

I was about to go for the snip a few months back, my wife and I dont have kids and badly want to keep it that way.

It was more to get her off the pill she has been on for the last 23 years and the adverse hormonal effects of it.

The doctor suggested we go to her gynae and chat about IUD's as a non-surgical alternative.

In the end we went with an IUD which lasts 5 years and can be removed at any time to reverse things.

It took a few minutes to get put in place in the chair and that was that. 

Pretty decent option for if you dont want the worries but also dont want to go permanent.

Exactly the same situation with us - UID has made a world of difference.