Must-have albums for your music collection

Readsalot

So many of mine have been mentioned already. So many to mention but these have been playing quite often lately.

KoRn - Life is peachy

how could I forget this one.....

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how could I forget this one.....

Their new one is also pretty good. Saw Johnathan and his solo act last year. That is also not bad.

Green Day – Dookie & American Idiot

Nirvana – Nevermind

Smashing Pumpkins – Mellon Collie and the infinite sadness

Foo Fighters – The colour and the shape

Spring Nude Girls – Afterlifesatisfaction

Live – Throwing Copper

Metallica – S/T

Offspring – Smash

Fokofpolisiekar – As jy met vuur speel sal jy brand

Linkin Park – Meteora

Silverchair – Neon Ballroom

A Day To Remember – City of Ocala

Matchbox Twenty – Yourself or someone like you

The Gaslight Anthem – 59 Sound

Soundgarden - superunknown

Only just heard of this:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/mark-hollis-talk-talk-reportedly-died-aged-64-2453863

I loved his work. A very underrated musician.

Their first album was a favourite of mine, especially for high school parties. Oddly called The Party's Over.

Still have that vinyl, which I purchased at Street Records in Braamfontein many years ago.

Edited by Moridin

Nothing major. Dali Zensor7, Systemdek with Series 1 SME, Rotel power/pre and valve phono stage.

Wish I could afford a set of Dali Epicons.

Wish I could afford a set of Dali Epicons.

Affording them is one thing. Affording the rest of the components to compliment them is another. This is one expensive hobby.

Affording them is one thing. Affording the rest of the components to compliment them is another. This is one expensive hobby.

I bought a circa 1981 Linn Sondek LP12 that was sitting in someone's garage and restored it. No way in hell I would be able to afford one new. Linn and most of these boutique hi fi suppliers have gone completely off their rockers. These days I also build my own amps. Almost done with my Pass Aleph J replica. Also busy now with Pass Xono phono preamp replica. 

Edited by Moridin

I bought a circa 1981 Linn Sondek LP12 that was sitting in someone's garage and restored it. No way in hell I would be able to afford one new. Linn and most of these boutique hi fi suppliers have gone completely off their rockers. These days I also build my own amps. Almost done with my Pass Aleph J replica. Also busy now with Pass Xono phono preamp replica.

Correctly restored and with a few upgrades not many turntables will touch a LP12.

Correctly restored and with a few upgrades not many turntables will touch a LP12.

Won't mention Linn's upgrade pricing. It might cause me an ulcer. I replaced the grommets and springs though, with new belt and P-clip also. Then I fitted it with a Hercules power supply. And new bearing oil. And that was it.

U2 - rattle n hum

I have U2 - Unforgettable Fire on vinyl which is pretty special since I managed to catch them live on the tour of this album at the Mannheim City Hall - totally by chance

R-5607875-1397858828-1445.jpeg.jpg

I was into the early albums War, October, Boy etc this one was more melodic, transcendental

Edited by kosmonooit

I have U2 - Unforgettable Fire on vinyl which is pretty special since I managed to catch them live on the tour of this album at the Mannheim City Hall - totally by chance

R-5607875-1397858828-1445.jpeg.jpg

I was into the early albums War, October, Boy etc this one was more melodic, transcendental

I believe this one and the next album, The Joshua Tree, were their best ones. Pity the recording engineer was asleep behind the console when they did this one. Could have been better engineered.

Edited by Moridin

Van Halen. First album

Led zep 2

Kiss alive

Black sabbath first album

Beatles 27

Judas Priest stained glass

Iron butterfly. Inagaddavidi

Scorpions animal magnetism

Yngeie malmsteen third force

Motörhead ace of spades

Deep purple live in Japan