Noordhoek(Surrounding Areas) Dirt jumps/Trials

King_Robo

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Duran and myself were probably the last guys to build/scratch around there about 4 years ago, before we started building blackhill. Still think theres loads of potential at chappies but its so sandy it makes a steepish lip or berm a hassle to maintain! I would suggest building more step down jumps, and using the steeper sections of the slope as landings (with flatter/ easier to maintain kickers) Theres also a sick slope hidden further down thats perfect for a big step down jump! Go for it dude, nobody owns those jumps, so if you can make any improvements then cool  :thumbup:

Sick Man thanks! Yeah its really sandy in places:/ More you go down the hill just gets sandier.

Cool I'll Give it a go :) gonna have to dig around and see if theres any decent soil to fix them up 

Ok thanks to this thread, I went and rode Blackhill again for first time in 9 months. The main line is running absolutely mint! Big thanks to the guys that maintained the lips of the kickers (mongooser?) Forgot how rad that spot is! Also great to see that theres minimal litter, probably all overgrown, but at least no evidence of new litter or vagrants.

Definitely needs a cutting back of the wattle, thats taken over everywhere outside the main line! The flow line is kinda gone, totally overgrown, but we can harvest its good dirt and grey gravel for use on the main line!  

For this spot to survive it needs a crew thats willing to ride and maintain it, I'm keen to put some effort in again (at least on the main line) Anyone that wants to help, hit me up! 

Ok thanks to this thread, I went and rode Blackhill again for first time in 9 months. The main line is running absolutely mint! Big thanks to the guys that maintained the lips of the kickers (mongooser?) Forgot how rad that spot is! Also great to see that theres minimal litter, probably all overgrown, but at least no evidence of new litter or vagrants.

Definitely needs a cutting back of the wattle, thats taken over everywhere outside the main line! The flow line is kinda gone, totally overgrown, but we can harvest its good dirt and grey gravel for use on the main line!

For this spot to survive it needs a crew thats willing to ride and maintain it, I'm keen to put some effort in again (at least on the main line) Anyone that wants to help, hit me up!

Reto, I'm free every other weekend for labour. Gonna pm u my nr.

• 3 months later...

I rode past there on the roadie today and it actually looks like someone has done a bit of maintenance there.

About a year ago I went and built by chapmans peak. As it’s all sand doesn’t hold together very well but everything was rideable mainly had to clear the path but that’s it.

Reto, I'm free every other weekend for labour. Gonna pm u my nr.

If its a sun, I can squeeze in the time