SA's most technical MTB race?

Rock Guy

I remember the correct term for jeep track as per the Land Rover technical terrain videos is 'dual single track......' 

LOL. What will they come up with next? Dual direction manicured single track for a tar road?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. What will they come up with next? Dual direction manicured single track for a tar road?

Speed bumps can be super technical, especially those rubber ones or the steel half balls! Don't tell me you've never slipped a wheel while turning or putting down power on a painted road marking!

Speed bumps can be super technical, especially those rubber ones or the steel half balls! Don't tell me you've never slipped a wheel while turning or putting down power on a painted road marking!

Portage sections. Hour penalty if you do not oblige.

The original Magalies monster before they cut the grass and gave directions .To ride the 70km under 5h was a real achievement .Current route is still tough thou

With the "mini monster" climb out the back of the bungalows in mountain sanctuary park.

If you still had legs after this, the sandy dual track before the actual monster climb took care of that.

FFS, I still get mufasa feelings from that ride...

Edited by RocknRolla

But there is nothing massively technical. I suppose we need to define technical.

Would be interesting to hear what qualifies as "technical" ....

Maybe a few videos for us newbies of "technical sections" ...

With the "mini monster" climb out the back of the bungalows in mountain sanctuary park.

If you still had legs after this, the sandy dual track before the actual monster climb took care of that.

The only event where i have a 100% cramp record

Any race that has rocky climbs, rocky descents, twisty single track, thick loose sand and drop offs.  

Any race that has rocky climbs, rocky descents, twisty single track, thick loose sand and drop offs.  

so basically absa Cape Epic...

Followed by Eselduro?

maybe Gravel and Grape?

Tankwa Trek perhaps ?

Was wondering why it took so long for someone to mention Tankwa ?!

The whole of day 2 plus the decent after Merino really did a number on my body.

I felt like I was inside a washing machine

I almost cried when I got to the top of the monster after all of this.