Ryder Force Saddle

Traveler

Is there such a thing as "breaking in the saddle" or "you have to get used to it"? 

I always believed that a saddle should fit from the start.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brooks saddles needed to be broken in. This was because it was a stiffened leather shell that would soften and mould to your anatomy over time.

modern saddles break in is more about the foam breaking down and settling in its shore (measure of stiffness for rubbers) before ultimately breaking down completely through mechanical wear

So no modern saddles should be comfortable from day 1 and improve before they are worn out

• 6 months later...

Gave my WTB saddle away after getting a Ryder Force saddle; it is very durable with a slick cover that does not wear your bibs out as the WTB did; the Force will wear you out before you wear it out; on long bike packing rides it may feel a bit hard because of the thin padding however, thicker padding and certain cover fabrics seem to encourage chafing spots; so, me will rather feel a bit saddle sore but, recover quickly than be chafed which takes a few days to heal; for the price it is by far the best.