Ryder Force Saddle

Traveler

I am a complete Fabric Scoop fan, have tried a number of very nice saddles. But the Fabric serves me best - as all know when it works well you do not change.

Was lucky to have tested the Spez Power and Ride Farr, finding them comfortable. Then saw that Ryder has a similar wide shorty saddle. Has anybody had experience with the Ryder Force saddle?

https://www.rydercycling.co.za/ryder-products/saddles/swift-2-0-saddle-324-detail

Thought it could be an interesting option for riders on a budget.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought one a month ago for my indoor training bike. Superb piece of kit. It's comfortable and it doesn't give me numb nuts. So I'm happy I spent R350 on something that works as well as a unit costing x 10 that amount. I'll buy another

Bought one a month ago for my indoor training bike. Superb piece of kit. It's comfortable and it doesn't give me numb nuts. So I'm happy I spent R350 on something that works as well as a unit costing x 10 that amount. I'll buy another

For R350 I also want one. Where can I buy one?

By Jean. Vriend van my het een gekoop. Paar 150km rides met hom gedoen. Baie Happy Edited by Vetseun

I got mine for my IDT two weeks ago from Cycles United Online, price was good and I adjusted to it quickly.

Very good value for money, although you can see in the trimming and finish they did cut some corners in comparison to Spez. So will look out of place on a S-works, but perfect for the pain cave or triathlon monstrosity.

Try it.

A friend of mine got one. He has done some distance with it and is very happy. If you compare it side by side to a Spez saddle, on looks, you really dont see a major difference. But I am sure that the Spez fans will quickly explain the differences that warrant a R2.5k price tag vs R350.00.

Edited by Vetseun

A friend of mine got one. He has done some distance with it and is very happy. If you compare it side by side to a Spez saddle, on looks, you really dont see a major difference. But I am sure that the Spez fans will quickly explain the differences that warrant a R2.5k price tag vs R350.00.

That price difference is a hard sell.

But hey, I see 2nd hand bikes in the classifieds for R140k plus... surely people who have enough disposable income to buy that won't mind a R2.5k saddle.

They are comfy but more flexible than my Spez Power which cost R1400, Spez replaced mine with a new one when it developed a creak.

I got one for my steel bike.

The size was about right for me. The shape is good and it is comfortable but the padding is very thin. After a few hours it gets a bit hard.

I am not sure if the Spez original has more padding?

Edited by i24

I think I’ll get one for my commuter. Are they only available in 145mm width?

I think that is the width. Will confirm when I get home

I got one for my steel bike.

The size was about right for me. The shape is good and it is comfortable but the padding is very thin. After a few hours it gets a bit hard.

I am not sure if the Spez original has more padding?

The pad on the ryder is actually quite thick and the shell is nice and flexible which is what makes it comfortable.

I'm waiting for the ryder full sus mtb :)

I think that is the width. Will confirm when I get home

it is between 145mm and 150mm wide at the broadest section

• 4 months later...