Ryder Force Saddle

Traveler

Hi bullet77. Purchased a new Spez Power about a year ago from a Specialized concept store in Cape Town, when I had a bike set up done. It has now started to make a creaking sound, which is driving me nuts. I trust that there was no problem getting it replaced

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know of a shop in JHB that i can have a look at one?

East Rand side? I'm in Bedfordview and have stock, off the top of my head, R340.

Based on all the hype I bought one to replace my aging WTB Rocket. To be honest its the most uncomfortable saddle I have ever used. After one ride I took it off.

Based on all the hype I bought one to replace my aging WTB Rocket. To be honest its the most uncomfortable saddle I have ever used. After one ride I took it off.

Are you talking about the FORCE saddle?

If so.....have you ever tried the Power Saddle of Specialized? It's something to get used to

I bought one from Bikemob in August and put it on my road bike. On the first ride I hit a minor rut in the road and the saddle broke. I've bought a few Ryder products in the past and haven't had any issues, so was a bit disappointed with this.

Bikemob arranged picking up the broken saddle and refunded me in full, so well done to them.

saddles are a strange thing .. .the bike I just bought is fitted with an SDG saddle that all reviews show to be rather harsh ... yet I am loving it.

i was going to buy one but twisted it in the shop and it seems very flexy / bendable ...makes me worry about long rides

I’ve done several dc training rides with mine and it’s comfy as f....

The flexible shell is the secret here. Only drawback is it is heavy Ish.

Done about 1200km on mine indoor and road and I have zero complaints

Ja saddles are very much a personal thing. 

I have ridden with a Spez Power since they 1st came out and have always loved it. Then when they brought out the Mimic women's-specific version my wife wanted one for her bike. 

I took wife's bike for a 40k race that was fast and smooth as it lent itself to that terrain way better than my trail bike and was shocked at how much I liked her saddle. It feels like a softer version of the Power, and I am seriously considering putting one on my bike as well. Call me a girl, I don't really care.

East Rand side? I'm in Bedfordview and have stock, off the top of my head, R340.

Finish Line Cycles in Kempton Park has stock.

I see Cycles United Online are selling for R499. Anyone know of a cheaper price online.

Edit: Bike Addict have it for R295.

Hi there, Buycycle.co.za have got them on special currently for R399. This includes shipping. You get free shipping on orders over R300 from them. They are quick with their service as well.If you order today then you will have it within 2 days. I am going to order one it sounds like the guys are generally happy with the saddle.

Hi there, Buycycle.co.za have got them on special currently for R399. This includes shipping. You get free shipping on orders over R300 from them. They are quick with their service as well.If you order today then you will have it within 2 days. I am going to order one it sounds like the guys are generally happy with the saddle.

On special for R399??

My LBS sells them for R350 before discount std price!

:ph34r:  :ph34r: 

https://reformcycling.co.za/collections/saddles/products/ryder-force-saddle

• 4 weeks later...

Hi There

Apologies if this is going slightly of topic.

I've been given a Force saddle to test out as I'm not happy with the saddle that came with my bike.  The Force saddle is somewhat shorter than the "normal" saddles that come standard on most bikes. 

Maybe a silly question, but how would the fore and aft position be set-up, do I measure from the rear of the old saddle to the handlebar and duplicate that measurement once the Force saddle is fitted due to the Force being shorter, or do I do the normal measurement from the nose of the saddle and duplicate once the Force is fitted?

TYI