King Price - Insure your Bike for R1

Nevermore

So I insured my Tallboy 2 and Bianchi Sempre Pro through King Price for R1 a month. The only catch was that we had to move all our insured items to KP which we did. I cracked my Santa Cruz on the epic and everyone around me had eyes on King Price which promises a payout of up to 50k for only R1 a month. 

The process was so simple and convenient. And to make things even better, the Carbon Repair/custom spray shop that KP uses, completely ripped me off with the quote for carbon repairs and a respray of the entire bike. I told KP I am not happy so they credited my personal account with the full amount to use the repair shop of my choice. My bike is now with bogus designs which is a dream come true. 

Good Work King Price. Thank You Very Much

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had two claims with them in one month, both times I got paid out the full amount within a couple of days.

Very happy with them, also moved all my insurance over to them.

Without giving too much away... What were you paying for all insurance before compared to what you're paying now with KP?

I gave up on King Price. Had the worst experience and my claim took around 8 weeks to settle. Assessor tried to put the blame on me.

Definitely not for me.

Without giving too much away... What were you paying for all insurance before compared to what you're paying now with KP?

Well, I paid just over R700 for my Santa Cruz and my Bianchi, so that alone was already a huge saving every month. House, car, personal, ect ect, was like 4-7% less on the total, which isn't much, but still something 

Have any of you tried to claim for your house or car yet?

Report back please when it happens

When I asked for a quote for my car, household, and bicycle insurance at KP (bike insured for R1 at 50k) it ended up being overall the same price with a higher excess than what I have with my car and household at Momentum (lower excess) and bike insured for quite a bit more than 50k at Cyclesure.

Initially I was quite impressed at the quote from KP, but when I started looking at all the details, excesses, and fine print it was jut not worth it.

Anyway, good to hear some positive feedback on their payouts - if the price is right then I guess it's worth it!

Just out of interest, your SC is worth more than 50k, so you are underinsuring it - when they pay out for say damage worth 10k, you will not get the full 10k because it is underinsured - that doesn't bother you?

When I asked for a quote for my car, household, and bicycle insurance at KP (bike insured for R1 at 50k) it ended up being overall the same price with a higher excess than what I have with my car and household at Momentum (lower excess) and bike insured for quite a bit more than 50k at Cyclesure.

Initially I was quite impressed at the quote from KP, but when I started looking at all the details, excesses, and fine print it was jut not worth it.

Anyway, good to hear some positive feedback on their payouts - if the price is right then I guess it's worth it!

Just out of interest, your SC is worth more than 50k, so you are underinsuring it - when they pay out for say damage worth 10k, you will not get the full 10k because it is underinsured - that doesn't bother you?

Didnt under insure. That TB 2 is 6 years old and through 4 cape epics. Think  50K is fair?

Only have good things to say about KP.

They gave me the best premium and I have 2 cars insured with them.

Have 2 bikes insure for R50K each

Had a claim March last year for road frame that was cracked in an accident.

They paid the full R50k minus excess.

Had a right off on one of the cars last year April which was paid out fully.

In October last year I fell with my MTB, cracked the steerer.

Fork was paid out in 3 days.

Had no issue regarding the bike that is worth more than the R50K it is insured for.

Not an issue for me as I have paid much less for the bikes.

so it is R1 a month but they settle claims with carbon repair jobs?

Got paid out for my frame.

I only supplied them with a quote from the LBS to replace

Got the frame repaired at my own cost and it was a build for someone else

Not aware that they prefer Carbon repairs

by repairing a frame you not actually in the same position as before.. referring to second hand value of a repaired bike...

I had a bad experience with one of their call agents putting extras on my policy without my approval. I only noticed it after checking my policies later. So from that point of view they lost my trust a bit and I moved on. But other than that, no complaints.