*NEW 12speed Shimano SLX on the way

dewaldsss

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks very cool, lots of people been waiting for this, me included.  :clap:

Its not clear, but looks like a 10 tooth small cassette sprocket, meaning yes it will likely need the new Micro-spline free-hub, unfortunately.

Makes sense now why i could get a whole SLX 1x11 drivetrain including cranks(32T) for the wife the past weekend for R3.5k lol. The upgrade kits are selling for 2.2k. (cwc)

Get them while they are considered "old and crap and outdated" :whistling: ^_^  

I count 11T on the small sprocket, so no microspline. 

Nope, looks like a 10t

I think the statement for the micro-spline epic fail is that you are still limited to hub options.

I'm sure Shimano will launch the SLX hubs with the needed freehub, but I'm not a fan of their hubs.

Nope, looks like a 10t

I think the statement for the micro-spline epic fail is that you are still limited to hub options.

I'm sure Shimano will launch the SLX hubs with the needed freehub, but I'm not a fan of their hubs.

Just a matter of time for the other manufacturers to catch up, but certainly not a fail ... the manufacturers had to do exactly the same when SRAM went with XD F/hub bodies.