Where can I get a Bar end mirror

Flatdog7

I'm tired of nearly dying every time I try look behind me. Does anyone know where I could buy something like this?

post-38648-0-43090000-1560503468_thumb.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well it is a rule to have bar end caps to prevent injury, so a nice sharp point like that will be delightful into your quad.

I would go to a few local motorcycle stores for a better solution.

I got two of these from aliexpress last year, haven't even opened one of them.

You are welcome to have one, I work in Centurion, Live in PTA.

Willing to swap for something cheap cycling related. Like a quick link or something of similar value

post-27827-0-14700400-1560505493_thumb.png

I'm tired of nearly dying every time I try look behind me.

Does anyone know where I could buy something like this?

Ha! Thanks for the laugh

....tired of nearly dying....

Tbh I don’t think those bar end mirrors will help much

To small

The trick to looking behind you is to take one hand off the bars, and then turn your upper body to that side (right, if you take your right hand off)

With the ONE hand and arm out of the way it’s easier to turn around and less likely to cause an unplanned change in direction

Edited by SwissVan

I use a rear view mirror, radar and my eyes.  Definitely worth the investment for touring.

The bar end mirrors are too small, vibrate and also your bars might not be in a position to see behind you.  I have tried these, no good!

I use a stand alone mirror fitted on my bar which works a treat,  Think Giant made it and it works and is cheap and it easy to use and .........

Be safe out there

Edited by Sepia

Saw this on the Sportsmans Warehouse website.

Might work

That is the one, it does work.  Use it.

Ha! Thanks for the laugh

....tired of nearly dying....

Tbh I don’t think those bar end mirrors will help much

To small

The trick to looking behind you is to take one hand off the bars, and then turn your upper body to that side (right, if you take your right hand off)

With the ONE hand and arm out of the way it’s easier to turn around and less likely to cause an unplanned change in direction

Has the demise of Froomedawg taught you nothing?!

Um ok. I will take your word for it. No ways I will ever do that.

If you ride with traffic, you can't see what is coming from behind without turning your head back. 

Riding against the traffic, you can see  the traffic and if a vehicle is to close to the side, just go off the road (not always recommended with a road bike, I ride a mtb).  In the last month, I did it twice on the N12 just outside Kimberley.  If I stayed on the road, I would have been hit or nearly hit.