Where can I get a Bar end mirror

Flatdog7

Well earlier I asked someone for topless pics of the chick in his profile picture and someone took offence and the post got deleted. So I guess we have to offend someone by making a joke.

.............goes back though all posts made today looking at peoples profile pictures...............

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am shocked to see how many idiots there are on the hub. Pray tell what happens when a cyclist obeying the law comes the other direction? Do you just bunny hop over them?

They probably pronk

Besides it being illegal to cycle against traffic flow, i find it extremely distracting when cycling on the wrong side of the road, you have to focus on the road ahead(potholes, broken alcohol bottles, etc) and the vehicles that is coming from the front. Easier to cycle with traffic flow and just trying not to swallow my saddle from the wrong end when I hear a vehicle approaching from behind and it feels a bit to close for comfort.

I reckon if it was very effective many cyclists would use this gadget

Those with restricted back or torso movement will find this gadget very valuable

I have tried a "bar mounted" mirror on my commuting MTB .. bars about 700m wide, mirror just on the inside of the grips.

Totally and utterly USELESS !!  To see past my body the mirror has to be turned so far to the side the car is just about next to me before I can see it.

Given this experience I have to seriously wonder how effective a mirror could be on an even narrower road bike's bars ....

If you really want to use a mirror it really should be fixed to the bar end .... as I sometimes use a pedestrian bridge that would make the bars too wide ..

PS - my appologies for almost bringing a Friday thread back on topic

Edited by ChrisF

Where we live very few alternatives Buddy and I sometimes take the N2 wide shoulder.The return leg is the issue. Roadworks so the double lane into single lane no shoulder. Been like that for years and Yea Sanral, Municipally and Govt couldn’t care less. Worst part its a freakin toll road.

Ok yea I will get slammed on this, where the road turn into a single lane we cross and ride head on with traffic. Very scary to say the least. Alternative is a suburb where you pass some taxi oaks loaded with automatic rifles. I once almost shait myself. Road biking in SA became a nightmare. If it’s not dodging cars, then we dodging bikejackers etc.

Edited by Riamich

How well does a helmet mirror work? 999d4c303a85a07fdd23536a12bda919.jpg

Not at all. Too small and head has to be "aimed" at the right spot.

Bar mount for the win.

Honestly guys... Garmina Varia Radar. It's expensive* but its worth every cent, whether you use it with the included notification device or a compatible Garmin bike computer. The problem with the mirrors is it all depends upon angles and where your head is at any point - even the helmet mounted one. If you are head down in the drops you won't see something coming if the mirror is set for when you are upright, etc.

* It's in any event always cheaper than the injuries, damaged bike, medical expenses etc. IMHO, it's essential for those who ride a lot on the road.

Edited by MudLark

Honestly guys... Garmina Varia Radar. It's expensive* but its worth every cent, whether you use it with the including notification device or a compatible Garmin bike computer. The problem with the mirrors is it all depends upon angles and where your head is at any point - even the helmet mounted one. If you are head down in the drops you won't see something coming if the mirror is set for when you are upright, etc.

* It's in any event always cheaper than the injuries, damaged bike, medical expenses etc. IMHO, it's essential for those who ride a lot on the road.

Never got the mirror to work on my commuter .... 

Those mounted on the bar end might work better, but then my bike would be too wide to get into the office ...

Has anyone mentioned yet that no self respecting cyclist should have a helmet mounted mirror?

I’ll do it