[Event] 2019 PPA One Tonner

Pedal Power Association

You doing Esel?

Oh, now I get it - slow day for me.  :blush:

Yeah it has the potential to skew things for the roadies I guess. I'm all for the suggestion of just applying the start group time for those who are missing a start time. The few seconds it takes to cross the timing mats should not make much of a difference.

On the topic of roadie vibes, my 2019 road number will have double the amount of race stickers than my 2018 one cause I plan to do the Langebaan one again this year. 

Just watch out for his rear wheel when he crosses some cattle rails whilst looking at the view :eek:  :whistling:  :whistling:  :P

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watch out for his rear wheel when he crosses some cattle rails whilst looking at the view :eek:  :whistling:  :whistling:  :P

I'm never crossing those in the middle of road again.  :whistling:

Was actually thinking about that lekker dive on One Tonner this Sunday...  :blush:

just checking...racetec seedings still not updated from this race?

Racetec seedings are still a dog's breakfast.

One Tonner results are also still a mess.  105 people with unknown starting times that need sorting.

947 seeding was meant to be out by now.

Give it another week, they have a lot to sort out!

A bit of a hi-jack but I see An-Li Kachelhoffer's name among the unknown starting times..

Is her ban over by now? Can't find anything on SAID's website, her conviction still mysteriously missing. Only mention of her doping ban on the old hub thread.

Riddle me this: Why would the jumbled results of 105 riders impact on the seeding for the 94.7?

It's not as if the majority of 94.7 riders is from the WC and that their latest results (or lack thereof) will impact the 94.7 seeding.

Or is there something glaringly obvious that I'm missing here? 

I think they should let the 110km also go over Bains next year. The distance checks out and they can share waterpoints all the way to Hermon.

Should make things a lot simpler and attract more riders.

if they can keep the pass closed for longer then it can work.

A lot of the race course was not shared amongst distances. Might even have been up to 230km of total road they used, that must complicate things

A bit of a hi-jack but I see An-Li Kachelhoffer's name among the unknown starting times..

Is her ban over by now? Can't find anything on SAID's website, her conviction still mysteriously missing. Only mention of her doping ban on the old hub thread.

Hallo Friday, how ya doin'

What is the expected Beta Score?

normally 1.1 to 1.9 ... but with the latest timing mishaps, probably be 0.89

Edited by Karman de Lange

normally 1.1 to 1.9 ... but with the latest timing mishaps, probably be 0.89

and an adjusted winning time of 3h40 (45km/h)

sounds about right :D

This plays most of the time a bigger factor, especially if you want to get into A or B seeding