Garden Route Trail Park (GRTP) update?

Phil Williams

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty excited about that as i’m Heading down that way early December. Holding thumbs it’ll be open.

I hope you guys can manage to add some camp sites as well.

Eddy, I haven't got any connection with GRTP, just saw on Facebook that they are rebuilding again.

Eddy, I haven't got any connection with GRTP, just saw on Facebook that they are rebuilding again.

large.jpg?1483520474

HAHA, I only read what you posted and didnt take note.

large.jpg?1483520474

HAHA, I only read what you posted and didnt take note.

But you can always come and camp by us, some nice routes from here to George and then go for a day ride at GRTP.

I was there a few hours ago.

Place was deserted, but then again it was a Sunday arvie..

Drove up to the Platbos hiking hut.

Signs of life are beginning to show themselves again, but the fire damage to the area is insane, At places its almost lunar landscape apocalyptic like. Heavy to think what they all went through.

Right now, Rob needs money more than our commitments to go cycle there.

A whole bunch of us from Cape Town are talking about taking out an annual membership. Costs slightly more than what three rides used to cost.

I could be mistaken, but understand Rob will post details this coming week.

going to be I'm the Garden Route in december so very excited to go and get an annual pass, t-shirt, sticker support them and get a couple fo days riding in. Anyone know if the accomodation survived the fires? That was a great spot. 

A whole bunch of us from Cape Town are talking about taking out an annual membership. Costs slightly more than what three rides used to cost.

This is a great Idea. 

Likewise, I only get to ride there perhaps x2 in Dec and once over July holidays, but it was by far my favorite place to ride. Hats off to Rob for doing the rebuild. 

Some trails would obviously have been hit worse than others. But I really hope that new flow trail is open, It looked Whistler worthy. And of-course, the long drop! Please post on here If there is developments regarding the Membership, I'm not on FB anymore. 

Regards

This is a great Idea. 

Likewise, I only get to ride there perhaps x2 in Dec and once over July holidays, but it was by far my favorite place to ride. Hats off to Rob for doing the rebuild. 

Some trails would obviously have been hit worse than others. But I really hope that new flow trail is open, It looked Whistler worthy. And of-course, the long drop! Please post on here If there is developments regarding the Membership, I'm not on FB anymore. 

Regards

Check Strava, apparently Long drop/Mountain Mania is already being ridden, maybe it's the trail builders though.

Check Strava, apparently Long drop/Mountain Mania is already being ridden, maybe it's the trail builders though.

Mm.. I know some of the guys involved, but they would definitely not be advertising it if it was ride able. Pitty, because a trip to visit the folks is so much sweeter with some built in R&R @Thetrailpark !

I'll be keen to take out one of those for sure. 

Saw a post on their Instagram last night. "Getstokeddistribution" (Raceface/Formula/Michellin etc) is helping with the building. I know some of the guys and they have been part of the trailbuilding behind Simola, and have been involved in GRTP since day dot. (also featured in the pics on the website which Dave did.) They are more into the Enduro side of trailriding, so the trails sounds like it may have a bit more of that. Although I hope they dont build it all with the Digger and leave some natural stuff. A good mix of flowtrail/manmade and rake&ride, although the trails at the Trailpark has always blended the two pretty well. 

So I commented on the post last night, and they replied with "Bring your full-face" which got me so excited I couldn't sleep!

post-1279-0-39781900-1565167357_thumb.png

post-1279-0-15191600-1565167413_thumb.png