MTB Baggies - what, where?

nox1111

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/2/2021 at 2:33 PM, Steady Spin said:

Recently purchased a pair of these: https://www.takealot.com/arsuxeo-men-s-cycling-shorts/PLID72835097

Super light fabric and breathes really well. 

Slightly longer and baggier than the fitted ones but I prefer the extra room for knee pads. 

Adjustable waist straps and hook style fastener is nice. Fit is true. 

I looked at these on takealot, i see what you mean, they are a tad longer, like below or on the knee?

I want slightly shirter, i mean shorter  ????

I fitted on a pair of leatt trail 1.0 , so flippen comfy, but they only have black at the lbs, looking for navy 

I see leatt has a trail 2.0 as well, is the length / fit the same as the 1.0? So its basically between the leatt

and the vye i recon. Who has these, any feedback please.

Just now, Spafsack said:

I looked at these on takealot, i see what you mean, they are a tad longer, like below or on the knee?

I fitted on a pair of leatt trail 1.0 , so flippen comfy, but they only have black at the lbs, looking for navy 

I see leatt has a trail 2.0 as well, is the length / fit the same as the 1.0? So its basically between the leatt

Just wanted to add, the leatt's 1.0 i tried on, the fit is perfect, not hectic baggy, not too tight.

Wonder how the ciovita shorts are as well, just love there stuff.

On 12/3/2021 at 6:26 PM, Spafsack said:

I have the Leatt 1.0in size small. The sizing is a bit weird. Small is a great fit standing up but in the bike it’s too snug, the medium is too big. The Vye in small is just right for me.

enjoy Reptila feels similar to the Vye and would be my other choice 

13 hours ago, DieselnDust said:

I have the Leatt 1.0in size small. The sizing is a bit weird. Small is a great fit standing up but in the bike it’s too snug, the medium is too big. The Vye in small is just right for me.

enjoy Reptila feels similar to the Vye and would be my other choice 

Sweet, gonna try the Vye ones as I've been looking for ages for the Leatt 1.0 shorts.

My go to used to be the Spez atlas xc shorts, but I can't even get the inners halfway up my thighs, even when up-sizing 2 sizes. The new ones also look longer.

Nice to see so many people supporting local manufacturing too - Indola, Vye, Leatt, Ciovita etc.

It makes a difference to these businesses and the people employed by them - spend locally if you can - please.

On 12/2/2021 at 1:38 PM, HenryS said:

Here's me riding with them. You can see the fit.
image.png.ea8201a1950a599eff395b49ba4cdc8c.png

Those do look good but they have too few pockets for my liking. My current Royal baggies have 5, 3 with zips. From their website it looks as if they only have 1 and they don't even mention it in the blurb.

On 12/2/2021 at 3:15 PM, Rocket-Boy said:

I have never really understood baggies for MTB, unless you fall a lot and need something durable then bibs will always be more comfortable.

Is it because cool kids cant be seen in tight fitting stuff? worried your package is on show?

I swam competitively for years so maybe being used to standing around in a speedo made me immune to people's opinions...

I think you assume too much. Most of us baggy wearers simply like having some pockets to put stuff in - you know keys, phones, buffs, pumps and so on. And there is of course the crashing thing. Maybe you're not riding hard enough? 

9 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Those do look good but they have too few pockets for my liking. My current Royal baggies have 5, 3 with zips. From their website it looks as if they only have 1 and they don't even mention it in the blurb.

The Enjoy also only has one pocket on the back. The Leatt has 3 but I seldom carry anything in them except maybe an energy bar. I prefer pockets on my jersey and look for trail shorts that have only a rear pocket or bibs that have cargo pockets on the back. I'd hate to fall on my car keys in a thigh pocket. I don't stretch nearly enough so that's going to HLF

Just now, DieselnDust said:

The Enjoy also only has one pocket on the back. The Leatt has 3 but I seldom carry anything in them except maybe an energy bar. I prefer pockets on my jersey and look for trail shorts that have only a rear pocket or bibs that have cargo pockets on the back. I'd hate to fall on my car keys in a thigh pocket. I don't stretch nearly enough so that's going to HLF

You see, thats a fashion no-no - baggies and jersey with pockets. Its like only 50% trail, the other 50, roadie 🙂 My one pair, even has a lift pass elasticized hidden pocket. Great for your bus or train ticket in SA... 🙂 

25 minutes ago, Headshot said:

You see, thats a fashion no-no - baggies and jersey with pockets. Its like only 50% trail, the other 50, roadie 🙂 My one pair, even has a lift pass elasticized hidden pocket. Great for your bus or train ticket in SA... 🙂 

The new Enjoy Reptilia trail jersey has 2 x reasonably sized BUT well hidden/integrated pockets, so you don't have to mix XC with Trail fashion.

I have a few of those shirts too. In fact, I rode Argust in a pair of the Reptilia baggies and shirt this year!

3 hours ago, Headshot said:

They do only have 1 pocket and it's not that big either. It's only an issue for me after a ride if I have to carry my wallet, phone and keys when I get coffee. I use a Bontrager Rapid Pack while I'm riding to hold everything I need.

I just need to fit my phone somewhere..... Snapscan/pay apps and instant pay cover all coffee and/or diesel purchases and most other issues. The drivers license goes in the phone cover.

Wallets are pretty obsolete tbh. I still use one most of the time, but when I run/ride I realise how redundant they actually are as I never miss it.

I'm trying to develop habits that mean taking less and less with me. Once i've loaded garmin pay onto the watch then boom..... Just need to figure out where to put the drivers license.