Not all bad road users are on 4 wheels!

Richard F

I occasionally used to "swop lanes" back and forth on a jeep track without looking back (typically avoiding puddles etc, not just for fun). Only needed a guy to suddenly shout "Oi"" right in my earhole for me to realise that I am not in fact so fast that no one will ever over take me :-)

Still jump between lanes as necessary but now I glance back first.

OT

....i'm surprised the mods (and no one else for that matter) haven't commented on this guy down here...

If it is ok to use a sexual euphemism like "prick" in a thread title can I then please lobby for the use of its generally accepted counterpart - 'C@#t' - in others?  :whistling:

...you know, in the interest of PC culture, fairness and equality? :ph34r:

post-64325-0-71017400-1564971902_thumb.jpg

Edited by morneS555

Mod Note:

Topic title edited.

Kept the title as close to the original intent as possible without using the bad language.

I occasionally used to "swop lanes" back and forth on a jeep track without looking back (typically avoiding puddles etc, not just for fun). Only needed a guy to suddenly shout "Oi"" right in my earhole for me to realise that I am not in fact so fast that no one will ever over take me :-)

Still jump between lanes as necessary but now I glance back first.

I learned not o do this the hard way, 4th gear pinned on a KTM 250SX, hopped the middle mannetjie, didn't see a large rock on the longer grass...

The rest is a blur of: ground, sky, barb wire fence, ground, sky, ground, sky, ambulance...

Lets be honest, everybody is human. Approach everyone as an obstacle. On everyone of our weekday rides to Chappies we encounter many cyclists. 

Things to understand, you cannot see what they see, if a dog or child runs out in front of another cyclist they may swerve, if they are trying avoid a pothole they could also just swerve into the road. 

Many times we see people riding 2 abreast, one can see they are not paying attention and have to give them space.

The same for cars, when I see a taxi, I know he is either going to randomly stop, turn left, turn right or throw a U-turn randomly. When I see a Honda Jazz driver, I know the old lady is not going to see me and pull out in front of me even though I have the sun shining from my handle bars. I know the Fortuner driver is going to try pass me on a road that is too narow as he left 10 minutes late to drop the kids at school. I know the Toyota Avanza Uber driver is not watching the road but his phone. 

Humans will be humans, do not take anything for granted, you dont know if you passing Lance Armstrong or my f0k Marlize on a bike. Stay safe out there.

Edited by Pure Savage