Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

I'll just leave this here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Md8oSWYP-pw9oekAKP_UJ3J1BpnY0astzyFXvKbR1lo/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to add yourself, but please don't break it  ;)

Maybe the hubbers can form sub-groups and show everyone how group riding should be done  :ph34r:

Flying out of Gatwick tomorrow night arriving Friday morning. 

the prayer for a safe flight & CTCT

Please BA look after my bike, lose my suitcase, but for the love of god, the big blue flight case with the fragile stickers plastered all over it is the one you need to not launch from the end of the run way. 

Mr Cape Town baggage handler, i am not one of the millionaires doing the CTCT, so if you are from Ocean View and a GATVOL Capetonian, this is not your chance to make a mark and to launch my bike box from CPT airport to the waterfront in one go. Please take your anger out on the business class flyers

mr AVis car rental dude, please give me the car that i rented, failure to do so will lead to my bike box not fitting in and to be honest, the i told you so from the wife is going to be unbareable. 

Mr Gatvol Capetonian, can i just say we are all gatvol of the violence in all of our communities. In the UK and in SA and i truly do sympathise with the killing of innocent lives. HOWEVER, i will not be wearing a black armband to try and make peace with you, instead i will think of the loives lost in my own way, its my democratic right. I will also expect you not to disrupt my ride and drive of trying to do the CTCT in the best time i can and once completed i will talk about the quiet, respectful and peaceful protest the people of oceanview or any other community made. 

Finally to my fellow cyclists - i promise to say hoopla loudly, i promise to stay left if i am slower than the guys passing me, i promise to smile at the camera, and if you have a problem on the side of the road, i will always ask you are you ok (even though i have no intention of stopping, unless you are an attractive blonde) I also promise to point out objects on the road and shout loudly is i see something which may be of concern. In return all i ask is that we all respect each other and understand that nobody breaks the line for any other reason than a mistake. 

I am truly looking forward to doing my first CTCT, excitement to the point of checking that my skewers and pedals are in my box and my saddle is ready.

Starting in group 2e so if you see a nervous looking, pale individual in a blue cycling kit with pink socks come and say hi and lets have a great day - PS if you are starting in my group let me know 

Go check the link above to see who is in your group. Also put your name(profile name) in there.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i will always ask you are you ok (even though i have no intention of stopping, unless you are an attractive blonde)=

I'm not attractive but I am blonde. :ph34r:

Also. How does this pic of you on your Dale get shared on the Swift Carbon Insta Page? They trying to say you're swift?

Would love to swing my leg over a Swift! We joining them on their Saturday pre Argus ride as well. Also would swing my leg over a rondo from ECC if had the funds.

Lekker bunch of guys, recommend everyone goes and says hi at the expo! Also pop in to the Cadence and Ciovita stand and Versus.

yes a simple good luck will suffice as i wheelsuck past 

lol 

Would love to swing my leg over a Swift! We joining them on their Saturday pre Argus ride as well. Also would swing my leg over a rondo from ECC if had the funds.

Lekker bunch of guys, recommend everyone goes and says hi at the expo! Also pop in to the Cadence and Ciovita stand and Versus.

Yeah Jared and crew are very cool and knowledgeable okes, Had the chance to test the Ultravox SSL Disc and it's a beauty. Would also love a Rondo, They really do look like they mean business. Might see you there on Saturday morning.

So we have nobody representing us mere hubbers in $ or @ ?

Savage best pull up their socks for 2021!

Do you mean % and $ ?

Only hubber I know off riding there might be milky

and clearly we have a shortage of fast girls here on the hub...

mmm good question...do we have hubbers in every start group ?

In group 5e: 08:46 start

Do you mean % and $ ?

Fast girls are ALWAYS in short supply :ph34r:

Edited by DJR

Do you mean % and $ ?

Yeah sorry % and $

Yeah Milky is busy with TOGH so I understand his silence.

Edited by FootballingCyclist

mmm good question...do we have hubbers in every start group ?

In group 5e: 08:46 start

I wish this seeding thing was easier to understand

I'm doing my 3rd tour and I've done 2 of the 99er races I'm starting in 5B and my wife doing her 2nd tour starts 5D

My one friend....never done any tours and only started training 2 weeks ago got seeded group 3E

How ? Oh and he only entered 3 weeks ago whereas we entered last year when entries opened

Edited by SoloCyclist

We have 4 ladies in the elite start.

They are also all doing the 2nd lap vibe as well. (As their race is only 74km)

Flying out of Gatwick tomorrow night arriving Friday morning.

the prayer for a safe flight & CTCT

Please BA look after my bike, lose my suitcase, but for the love of god, the big blue flight case with the fragile stickers plastered all over it is the one you need to not launch from the end of the run way.

Mr Cape Town baggage handler, i am not one of the millionaires doing the CTCT, so if you are from Ocean View and a GATVOL Capetonian, this is not your chance to make a mark and to launch my bike box from CPT airport to the waterfront in one go. Please take your anger out on the business class flyers

mr AVis car rental dude, please give me the car that i rented, failure to do so will lead to my bike box not fitting in and to be honest, the i told you so from the wife is going to be unbareable.

Mr Gatvol Capetonian, can i just say we are all gatvol of the violence in all of our communities. In the UK and in SA and i truly do sympathise with the killing of innocent lives. HOWEVER, i will not be wearing a black armband to try and make peace with you, instead i will think of the loives lost in my own way, its my democratic right. I will also expect you not to disrupt my ride and drive of trying to do the CTCT in the best time i can and once completed i will talk about the quiet, respectful and peaceful protest the people of oceanview or any other community made.

Finally to my fellow cyclists - i promise to say hoopla loudly, i promise to stay left if i am slower than the guys passing me, i promise to smile at the camera, and if you have a problem on the side of the road, i will always ask you are you ok (even though i have no intention of stopping, unless you are an attractive blonde) I also promise to point out objects on the road and shout loudly is i see something which may be of concern. In return all i ask is that we all respect each other and understand that nobody breaks the line for any other reason than a mistake.

I am truly looking forward to doing my first CTCT, excitement to the point of checking that my skewers and pedals are in my box and my saddle is ready.

Starting in group 2e so if you see a nervous looking, pale individual in a blue cycling kit with pink socks come and say hi and lets have a great day - PS if you are starting in my group let me know

Keep your cycling kit in carry on not in your luggage