Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020

Long Wheel Base

Why?

The leader of a group called gatvol capetownian is rallying for a protest in ocean view against the cycle tour

He is currently doing a hunger strike at parliament and gathering some support for this movement

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only believe in using ventusky and so far they are predicting stunning weather

I'm more concerned about protest action than the weather

You shouldn't be. Organisers would not have pulled off this event for 40 years plus if every oke with a grievance and a social media account had the ability to disrupt it. It's not as if they just focus on the cycling issues and pray the rest goes well.  The local communities & leaders are closely involved & benefit directly with locals that are employed by the event.

Obviously organisers can never give a 100% guarantee that their won't be social unrest (like in 2017), but their are a lot of work being done in the background that us plebs are completely unaware of. 

I only believe in using ventusky and so far they are predicting stunning weather

I'm more concerned about protest action than the weather

so you REALLY shouldn't be concerned about the weather then

A free bump and added my name to the double lap. Was waiting for the hub weather verdict before I decided so you guys better have it right..  ^_^

Probably a terrible judgement call as fitness levels not nearly where it should be after a month of recovery - Plan is now to wheelsuck the main bunch for as long as I can, will likely run out of steam somewhere around Chappies/Suikerbossie. Then wheelsuck the next bunch or a fast tandem after Suikerbossie to the finish  :devil: . Footballingcyclist short-cut suggestions might very well be applied for the 2nd lap.

Bro, the wind was howling on the southern peninsula yesterday..... Properly blowing.

Afternoon?? Yesterday morning when riding it was amazing... Zero wind along main road till Smits...

after you correct the spelling to "register"

helmet

coat 

door

fixie

Reguster

Verb

1. To find one's second wind.

The Savoy Cabbages regustered just in time for a second lap of the 'Argus'. 

Seems Cycle Tour race office is situated in a time machine.....All data referring to 2019 race, maybe conditioning themselves to "cancel" the fun ride due to "unforeseen circumstances" hence not investing in to updating electronic media?

Seems Cycle Tour race office is situated in a time machine.....All data referring to 2019 race, maybe conditioning themselves to "cancel" the fun ride due to "unforeseen circumstances" hence not investing in to updating electronic media?

Your tinfoil hat is firmly on neh?

Reguster

Verb

1. To find one's second wind.

The Savoy Cabbages regustered just in time for a second lap of the 'Argus'. 

ROTFLMAO

come on ,.....pull my other leg  :lol:

Not surprised. The kids were given 2019 branded water bottle in their finish goodies bag at the junior tour on Sunday ...

Race Briefing with Dave up on Facebook

why havnt they learnt that having nice scenery in the back means *** back lighting and dark Ballhairs