2019 UCI Road World Championships - Yorkshire

Vetplant

I would love to see the science/reasoning behind his decision. With tons of cash and easy access to wind tunnels I can't see one TT bike being massively faster than another. Certainly not faster enough to put your career in jeopardy...

I read somewhere that he was also not happy with some of the components. He wanted handle bars like Campenaerts has. A bad mechanic always blames his tools.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere that he was also not happy with some of the components. He wanted handle bars like Campenaerts has. A bad mechanic always blames his tools.

I don't think anyone can call Rohan a 'Bad Mechanic' if we want to keep the metaphor going.

He is hungry to win and doesn't feel he is getting every advantage from what he has been offered by his sponsors. 

I'm not condoning his prima donna, throw your toys attitude, but when you are at the top, the smallest marginal gain is the difference between Rainbow stripes and watching Tommy D stand next to you on a higher step.

I'm pretty sure some graphic/advertising/creatives on here have also requested computer upgrades etc from their employers. 

I reckon both parties probably could have dealt with the situation better, but he is now giving himself every chance to win a world championships. 

Loads of the DH guys used to (maybe still do) race blacked out and rebranded tires outside of their sponsorship to try and get those marginal gains. I'm not sure why BM didn't just do the same for him

To be fair he is currently the best mechanic in the world at time trialling!

The Italian dude who won the Junior ITT absolutely SMOKED the field. 30 seconds down at 6km, 20 second bike change, he stayed calm and composed, hopped on the new bike and blitzed the course and smashed everyone else!

The junior woman who won missed the last corner, rode straight past the marshal, got off, turned around, rode back into the final straight and still won.....

Crazy

Is the Pope a Catholic?

Today is soaking wet around England.

Tomorrow is looking like mostly overcast...so normal UK day.

Thursday/Friday forecast 40% chance of showers...roads will stay wet

Sat overcast

Sun will be on/off rain...finish should be dry.

This is the Met Office forecast but they often get it wrong :whistling:  it is an island after all