2019 UCI Road World Championships - Yorkshire

Vetplant

Belgian team looking like a real threat.

Looking forward to see the team list published for Netherlands as well.

Who do you think the other 3 to be added? Benoot? 

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been doing some re branding?!

I love how Sagz is suddenly so out of favour with the arrival of the CX youngsters, Evenpoel etc...

A year ago most people would have looked at the course and bet their house and another year of Sagan in the stripes..... 

I love how Sagz is suddenly so out of favour with the arrival of the CX youngsters, Evenpoel etc...

A year ago most people would have looked at the course and bet their house and another year of Sagan in the stripes.....

Nothing to do with the arrival of the youngsters. Sagz has been off his usual dominant form for quite some time now...

I found it quite odd that they made an announcement of five riders, why not announce your full squad.

Benoot is a good option

Then, what about Tim Wellens, he seems to be in good form.

Yves Lampaert...

They are really spoilt for choice. Too bad WvA is still recovering from his crash, he could have given them a seriously good option to drain MvdP over a couple of laps...

Think it is going to come down to what sort of race tactics they want to employ:

-Keep things mostly together for a final Lap attack 

or

-Have a team of attackers and just keep giving it berries till one sticks and hope to stay away.

Pretty sure none of the nations will want to take MvdP to the line, which should make for exciting racing.

I found it quite odd that they made an announcement of five riders, why not announce your full squad.

Benoot is a good option

Yves Lampaert...

They are really spoilt for choice. Too bad WvA is still recovering from his crash, he could have given them a seriously good option to drain MvdP over a couple of laps...

Think it is going to come down to what sort of race tactics they want to employ:

or

-Have a team of attackers and just keep giving it berries till one sticks and hope to stay away.

Pretty sure none of the nations will want to take MvdP to the line, which should make for exciting racing.

Agreed, If that happens MvdP will launch his sprint with 1100M to go and blow everyone away.

Agreed, If that happens MvdP will launch his sprint with 1100M to go and blow everyone away.

In fact, I think MvdP doesn't actually exist...

It is Marianne Vos in disguise, because she knows that Men won't be able to cope with the reality that they have been beaten by a Woman... But she has given away her identity by dominating in Mens Races in the same manner as she does in the Womens Peloton... ;)

As long as Oom Valverde doesn't win, I will be happy...

Benoot is a good option

Yves Lampaert...

or

The dutch have a rather handy team as well. 

Will be interesting to see as MvDP is not riding on any trade team with other dutch riders. I am sure this will play a roll. 

Yes, been updating the branding, will nicely match the new kit for DC. 

Will be interesting to see what happens when everyone comes out 100% for same event. No contenders did Vuelta, so should be great to watch!

Benoot is a good option

Yves Lampaert...

or

Knowing our luck, Rui Costa is going to go clear, nobody will mark him and then forget to close it in time and we have him world champ again. 

Would be amazing if Tim Wellens or Mike Woods did the above??

Greg VAN AVERMAET Philippe GILBERT Remco EVENEPOEL Yves LAMPAERT Oliver NAESEN Dylan TEUNS Tim WELLENS Tim DECLERCQ

All the Belgium riders

No Benoot

Edited by Pure Savage

SNIP

Yves Lampaert...

SNIP

Greg VAN AVERMAET Philippe GILBERT Remco EVENEPOEL Yves LAMPAERT Oliver NAESEN Dylan TEUNS Tim WELLENS Tim DECLERCQ

All the Belgium riders

2 out of 3, I just missed DeClerq. Sometimes we get lucky ;)

Rohan Dennis, current rainbow jersey, to time trial on a blacked out Time Machine as his conflicts with team sponsors continue

Strange scenario

Rohan Dennis, current rainbow jersey, to time trial on a blacked out Time Machine as his conflicts with team sponsors continue

Strange scenario

I would love to see the science/reasoning behind his decision. With tons of cash and easy access to wind tunnels I can't see one TT bike being massively faster than another. Certainly not faster enough to put your career in jeopardy...