Ironman Kona 2019

Chris_

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not kept up with the latest in the sport save for what I read in 220 magazine.

Usual suspects I reckon will be in the mix.  Frodeno, Lange. would like to see a new face on the top tier though. Will be watching. Hope Brownlee pulls a rabbit.

Lucy Charles for the ladies.... ke nako for a change there too.

Agree with ICM on the men's side, the Germans are still the most dominant force in the field at the moment. 

Would also like to see Lucy take it, but Ryf is in a league of her own at times.... so unless a bike mechanical, she will likley take it again.

Think the men's is a bit more open!

When the start lists coming out?

Personally I'm interested to see how Sanders does after returning from his Stress Fracture recently. Still don't think its wise of him to do a 70.3 6days before Kona, but that's just his style i suppose. 

Not-so-dark-horse: Anne Haug. Remember that storming run she had last year. IF she's sorted out her bike, it could be an EPIC run between her and Ryf, both easy sub 3 marathoners 

Im thinking upsets for the Men, Cam Wurf making some good progress on his run and his bike is just incredible.

Woman, Lucy is my favorite but still think she needs another few years hard work to catch Angry Bird. Luckily she still has time on her side.

Im thinking upsets for the Men, Cam Wurf making some good progress on his run and his bike is just incredible.

Woman, Lucy is my favorite but still think she needs another few years hard work to catch Angry Bird. Luckily she still has time on her side.

Yeah Cam went Sub 8 the other day. Think the lesser amount of racing he has done this year compared to last, will definitely play in his favour. 

Kienle ran into some really good form the other day, I'm desperate for him to crack the top step again.

From Instagram post going to run in new NB, probably carbon plate shoe to compete with the Nike 4% Vapor Fly.

From Instagram post going to run in new NB, probably carbon plate shoe to compete with the Nike 4% Vapor Fly.

That interesting, there are also Hoka Carbon X.  So looks like all the top running shoes will have the carbon insert.

4% old news, is now the Next%

Edited by shaper

Very cool, just googled that, I see they have some shorter race shoes with the plate - FuelCell 5280. Never seen them before. But it looks like a track spike for the road. Maybe he'll pull out a longer version for Kona. (?)

I saw the Hoka carbons the other day. Still feel very Hoka like - light, big, VERY stiff, the new Nikes look in a class of their own though.