Ironman Kona 2019

Chris_

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweatshop in Jo'burg

nd Totalsports (Do not know which shops, but saw them online)

Seen the price at TS, well over priced to what they are overseas and for that price would get another pair of 4%

• 2 weeks later...

Went from Asics earlier this year to the Nike Zoom Flyknit which are the cheaper brother of the 4%, Which are a bit heavier than the 4% with different foam but still with carbon plate.

Also have a pair of 4% which Nike had on sale in June (quite a discount at the time, else would never have got them).

The Zoom FK are good for training and racing where not looking to push for PB's. 

Love running in the 4%, fast shoe, great feel, legs don't feel as tired and I seem to recover a lot quicker wearing them.  Only use them for racing though.

Zoom FK's will need replacing soon, so also been looking at the Fly 3 as an option as a training shoe, Will likely get another pair of the FK's.  Also did some reading on the Hoka Carbon X but don't think can get here.  NB's have never tried.

i got the carbon x 2 months ago when in the states.to me better than the previous cliftons.i have been running with hoka cliftons for about 6 years and the last one that felt the same was the original clifton 1.I do like the carbon x though and am yet to have a bad run in them.

i got the carbon x 2 months ago when in the states.to me better than the previous cliftons.i have been running with hoka cliftons for about 6 years and the last one that felt the same was the original clifton 1.I do like the carbon x though and am yet to have a bad run in them.

Thanks for the feedback.

Went and got another pair of Zoom Flyknits from the Nike discount store in Wodmead for R1400 as could not consider the Carbon X at the price they want to sell them here.

Will also look at Black Friday deals and see if can pick up another pair of 4% at hopefully a good sale price.

Lionel Sanders – 51:55.7

Cameron Wurf – 52:24.1

Lionel will gladly take that on race day as it will mean the two uber bikers will be able to work together through the rest of the field. 

Would not read too much into the times... am sure Wurf was holding back as was a training swim.  Josh Amberger who I expect to be first out of the water was only 4th with 46:13.5

But good to see others in the mix with times, should be a veru close and interesting race this weekend !!