Ironman Kona 2019

Chris_

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That interesting, there are also Hoka Carbon X.  So looks like all the top running shoes will have the carbon insert.

4% old news, is now the Next%

Very cool, just googled that, I see they have some shorter race shoes with the plate - FuelCell 5280. Never seen them before. But it looks like a track spike for the road. Maybe he'll pull out a longer version for Kona. (?)

I saw the Hoka carbons the other day. Still feel very Hoka like - light, big, VERY stiff, the new Nikes look in a class of their own though.

Spend the long weekend reading up on a few shoes...and still missed/unaware of the Next, some reading tonight.

Onto my third Hoka pair, but the reviews on their carbon version is not so promising.

Considering going back to NB.

Spend the long weekend reading up on a few shoes...and still missed/unaware of the Next, some reading tonight.

Onto my third Hoka pair, but the reviews on their carbon version is not so promising.

Considering going back to NB.

Went from Asics earlier this year to the Nike Zoom Flyknit which are the cheaper brother of the 4%, Which are a bit heavier than the 4% with different foam but still with carbon plate.

Also have a pair of 4% which Nike had on sale in June (quite a discount at the time, else would never have got them).

The Zoom FK are good for training and racing where not looking to push for PB's. 

Love running in the 4%, fast shoe, great feel, legs don't feel as tired and I seem to recover a lot quicker wearing them.  Only use them for racing though.

Zoom FK's will need replacing soon, so also been looking at the Fly 3 as an option as a training shoe, Will likely get another pair of the FK's.  Also did some reading on the Hoka Carbon X but don't think can get here.  NB's have never tried.

2 weeks! I'm excited. We need some predictions going....

Men:

1 German

2 German

3 German

4-10 Other

Women:

1 Swiss

2 Swiss

3-10 Other

^_^

Went from Asics earlier this year to the Nike Zoom Flyknit which are the cheaper brother of the 4%, Which are a bit heavier than the 4% with different foam but still with carbon plate.

Also have a pair of 4% which Nike had on sale in June (quite a discount at the time, else would never have got them).

The Zoom FK are good for training and racing where not looking to push for PB's. 

Love running in the 4%, fast shoe, great feel, legs don't feel as tired and I seem to recover a lot quicker wearing them.  Only use them for racing though.

Zoom FK's will need replacing soon, so also been looking at the Fly 3 as an option as a training shoe, Will likely get another pair of the FK's.  Also did some reading on the Hoka Carbon X but don't think can get here.  NB's have never tried.

Hoka Carbon X is available through a couple of retailers. 

They are beautiful piece of kit... Hoka will again be the most used shoe at KONA this year. 

Josh Amberger, I've been trying to remember his name since yesterday, thats a dude I'd watch. Rockstar swimmer, solid enough biker to be able to start the third leg near the sharp end, and then as usual its up to the run for the win, but he does has that massive short-course tank.

I think it will be wurf and amberger first off the bike, but it will end up being a frodo Lange fight for the win. I don't think Brownlee is up there just yet...

On the ladies side I think it's angry bird winning unless she has an issue. I'd love Lucy to take it but I don't think she's there yet. I've actually got a feeling Anne haug might pip her for 2nd place, and my dark horse is Imogen Simmonds for a podium. So basically after angry bird it's a free for all haha.

Edited by Roguemeister

Hoka Carbon X is available through a couple of retailers. 

They are beautiful piece of kit... Hoka will again be the most used shoe at KONA this year. 

List of retailers in Gauteng area please?

My men's race favourites, in no particular order;

Frodeno

Kienle

Lange

Wurf

Currie

Brownlee (I'm really hoping that he is on the podium, at the very least)