Screen replacement on Garmin

JacquesMarais1911

Good evening hubbers. I recently fell and somehow mý Garmin Edge 820 came loose and the screen fell on a rock and cracked. Would like to know if it is possible to do a screen replacement like one does with a phone. Are there shops that do this or where can I send it. Thanks in advance!

take it to garmin. cracked screen is a recognized issue (i have seen this on a list of recognized issues at garmin, hope it has not changed). pay a one time replacement fee (in the range of R1500, depending on the new device), and you walk out with a brand new garmin.

Thanks but where can I take it to garmin. I tried to go on the Garmin Sa website byt the website is down and on the main garmin website they said that requests need to go to local garmin dealers

I am located in Pta, Gauteng

Tel: 0861427646

Address: Office 802 - 8th Floor, 11 Cradock Avenue, Rosebank, Johannesburg, 2196

Hi, take it to Cyclelab in Lynnwood, they helped me with the same issue- was R2500 to get new replacement unit from Garmin (they don't fix the old one). Cyclelab administered the procces and just called when new one arrived, took about a week from drop off till collection and they were both very helpful.

Last year January the garmin rate was abou R1700 (for a 520). Might be cheaper to go there yourself. Phone them?

Or if you're feeling brave, order a screen replacement off ebay, it's about R500 and do the repair yourself.  I've done it for my 810.