WP Cycling - What were you thinking?

Grease_Monkey

Now to close off this thread. Note for all WP organised races:

1. OLD SCHOOL

2. NO WATER-POINTS

3. DRINK A CUP OF CEMENT BEFORE YOU START

But seriously if you are doing a race under 120+km it is always safe to assume that water-points would not be there as they are not needed, if they are needed you will be out of the race anyway so why even enter.

And just because we have never done it before let's also not put that on the info page so the guys that do need more water can't plan for it.

This mentality just boggles my mind.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think its really that old school. I did one WP event this year which was the 4 day tour last month and I had A blast, didn't feel like an outsider at all.

I don't think its really that old school. I did one WP event this year which was the 4 day tour last month and I had A blast, didn't feel like an outsider at all.

That wasn't my complaint at all, the okes we rode with were plenty friendly. Once the bunch had dropped me one group actually made considerable effort to get me latched on to them - which they didn't have to at all. It was a fun day out and I will definitely be back (with extra bottles and in Cat 3) next year...

Edited by Grease_Monkey

Did you get a glass of water?

I don't think its really that old school. I did one WP event this year which was the 4 day tour last month and I had A blast, didn't feel like an outsider at all.

That wasn't my complaint at all, the okes we rode with were plenty friendly. One the bunch had dropped me one group actually made considerable effort to get me latched on to them. It was a fun day out and I will definitely be back (with extra bottles and in Cat 3) next year...

I think we resolved your issue and I agree with you... A bakkie with water for all those that get dropped on the longer courses would be the solution.

Now to close off this thread. Note for all WP organised races:

1. OLD SCHOOL

2. NO WATER-POINTS

3. DRINK A CUP OF CEMENT BEFORE YOU START

But seriously if you are doing a race under 120+km it is always safe to assume that water-points would not be there as they are not needed, if they are needed you will be out of the race anyway so why even enter.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I don't think its really that old school. I did one WP event this year which was the 4 day tour last month and I had A blast, didn't feel like an outsider at all.

Is that the race from perderburg winery? If so then it's cyclopaths cycle club who organised... So different organising group but raced under wp league??

Is that the race from perderburg winery? If so then it's cyclopaths cycle club who organised... So different organising group but raced under wp league??

Most of the other "WP League Races" were hosted by cycling clubs as well i.e. Kinetic, Cape Town Giants, Wannabees, Outriders, Phoenix, etc 

i was on the route and i turned around at a watering point a few kms before the right turn to Eendekuil. this was about 11am. my car temp gauge said it was about 29 degrees. not sure if there was another water point after the Eendekuil turn for the 100 km route as well. that route is hard for road cycling, for mtb'ers it must of been a long day. you should of taken the option of riding in category 3 or the 50 kilometre funride