Fulmenicilus

Are you taking part this year  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Are you taking part this year

• No - too expensive
    • Yip - worth the money
    • Still deciding
    • I'm a hard-core MTBer - don't care

Personally I'm still deciding! Entry fees are up, petrol price keep on going up! And then there's the December holidays (travel yet again a sizable portion of the expense!)

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I'm still deciding! Entry fees are up' date=' petrol price keep on going up! And then there's the December holidays (travel yet again a sizable portion of the expense!)[/quote']

Entries are R245 now...

Will ride, need to do a sub 3!  After that, hmmmmm............  Think the prices are getting a bit steep.

If i was in gauteng I would enter - but this will be my last one unless I get some serious salary increase to make it worth while

Exactely! Rode the Military MTB race on Saturday for only 80 Ront - as much or even more fun for a lot less money and a lot closer to home for me!

I think I will still enter, simply because its the only bicycle race I do in Gauteng.

I really dont think its all its cracked up to be, if, like me, you usually dont make use of the stops en route or the facilities afterwards, then its really "just another ride" which you pay for.

Last year I wasnt that impressed, but to me its really not that "big a deal".

The money would not bother me if I did not have to park in to-moer-in-gone, wait to start for 5 hours (because I got there early so that I do not have to park in to-moer-in-gone) and have to wait inline just to cross the finish line. Oh yes, will not need to take out day license. Any news on that yet?

Already entered!! 

Big road trip planned to Gauteng with some friends... vito bus... carbo loading (read "drinks")...

going to be interesting to see the new ride through JHB. are the roads not full of potholes?

The money would not bother me if I did not have to park in to-moer-in-gone' date=' wait to start for 5 hours (because I got there early so that I do not have to park in to-moer-in-gone) and have to wait inline just to cross the finish line. Oh yes, will not need to take out day license. Any news on that yet?

[/quote']

Easy, ride to the start...

Got to do the local race.

I love it & think it will be better this yr with the route zig-zagging around the CBD streets before heading out on Jan Smuts.

Slowbee to do a sub3 you'd have to do slightly faster than 94.7/3smiley4.gif.

i plan on riding... in leathers with a full face shark helmet! Wink so there better be a couple of hubbers riding for me to greet and marshal!

i plan on riding... in leathers with a full face shark helmet! Wink so there better be a couple of hubbers riding for me to greet and marshal!

Thankfully not a Guppy helmet!ShockedWink