2020 Tour de France

pista

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't there an ITT at the TDF years back (I recall El Pistero) where the guys did a bike change?

I remember Contador being overtaken by the team car, the guy ripping it off the roof, him postmanning 1 footed up to the climbing bike and them Froomedawging 2 steps, postmanning the other way before swinging a leg, clip clip and off he went.

It was seconds to change the bike which they recon saved  minutes on the climb.

IMHO almost all the top guys will bike change

Wasn't there an ITT at the TDF years back (I recall El Pistero) where the guys did a bike change?

I remember Contador being overtaken by the team car, the guy ripping it off the roof, him postmanning 1 footed up to the climbing bike and them Froomedawging 2 steps, postmanning the other way before swinging a leg, clip clip and off he went.

It was seconds to change the bike which they recon saved minutes on the climb.

IMHO almost all the top guys will bike change

I can’t remember the rules from the Team Manager’s course, but I seem to remember that the team car, in an ITT, is not allowed to ride next to the rider. This means the car can’t pass the rider in any way.

I can’t remember the rules from the Team Manager’s course, but I seem to remember that the team car, in an ITT, is not allowed to ride next to the rider. This means the car can’t pass the rider in any way.

hmm..... That changes the game somewhat. But I still think okes with change bikes.

hmm..... That changes the game somewhat. But I still think okes with change bikes.

Agreed. I also think that almost all the main contenders on GC will be changing from TT bikes to their climbing bikes. I think there might be a few that may choose to run aerobars/TT bars on their climbing bikes but I think that'll only be a handful of riders choosing to do that.

Edited by Mntboy

Now I am not ure that it is broadcasted on the limited channels at the hospital. The last channel I viewed last night just has a bunch of blokes hugging, kissing each other and getting coffee mugs (as a parting gift for the orgy they just had).... oh wait it looks like a rugby thing.

Hope that I can watch todays stage. I always miss the TT’s

Okay, seems like I have something to watch. Just a man and woman chatting about the stage

Edited by Cois

they can change a bike.

If I can find the manual, I’ll check the finer details.

By my rough calculations, Caleb will miss Paris if the winner finishes in 52in30s or faster...

Edit:just double checked my calcs and corrected it.

Edited by Vetplant

According to the commentary team Sam Bennett will be eliminated if the winner clocks 52min40s

The expected winning time is around 55min.. can't see them being out with 3min on a ITT..so they should be fine then Edited by Gen