2020 Tour de France

pista

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WvA sitting third in the green Jersey competition while doing domestique duties for Roglic and Dumoulin.

Hope they get the GC win this year to enable WvA to go for the Green Jersey proper next year.

WvA sitting third in the green Jersey competition while doing domestique duties for Roglic and Dumoulin.

Hope they get the GC win this year to enable WvA to go for the Green Jersey proper next year.

Yeah he will win the green jersey quite easily.. hell with some focus he could even win GC at some point.

He has to be hands down favourite for Worlds

Think the nerves in the team cars are on edge... you can lose the TDF today.

Sorry John Wakefield, was really hoping it wouldn't be Pogacar that would be caught out today. Long road ahead to recover some time now.

Good luck.

Just expressing himself. Frustrated at accidentally unclipping during the sprint. His all arms and legs flailing when at full tilt, so no surprises that he lost one of his contact points.

He mos races on pure passion.

According to the commentators who did an amazing job trying to turn a super exciting stage into a snooze fest, there are ruts dead centre of the road and JA got into one which made him vear offline and I think uncleat

Apparently Gerrans had said in the preview that the sprinters should avoid the centre line. JA didn’t tune into the preview as he didn’t want to fall asleep before the race

Gotta give Julian credit because he looked up for a sprint there at one point

He might be talking about stage wins but he definitely has an eye on yellow and the top step of the podium

Edited by Waynemol

Yeah he will win the green jersey quite easily.. hell with some focus he could even win GC at some point.

He has to be hands down favourite for Worlds

Good point. The climbers are going to have to make it exceptionally hard on the climbs to try and drop him at worlds. But I suspect they will need to catch him and Belgium off guard to have a shot at beating him.

Second 22. ⚠️

The fighting for positioning during the crosswind carnage. Fortunately no crashes as far as I know.

And the relief and gratitude expressed by Nairoman and his Arkea Samsic teammates after that definitive stage. They are working hard to establish themselves and be worthy of inclusion at TdF. Their excellent performance at Paris-Nice would’ve been a real boost.

Edited by 'Dale

Sorry John Wakefield, was really hoping it wouldn't be Pogacar that would be caught out today. Long road ahead to recover some time now.

Good luck.

Flat wheel at the wrong time then being caught behind a crash when the hammer goes down wasn’t ideal.

Tomorrow we try again.

Flat wheel at the wrong time then being caught behind a crash when the hammer goes down wasn’t ideal.

Tomorrow we try again.

Yeah I thought he got bogged down by a crash near the middle of the field. Only 1min 20 down and some change so he's not out of it. He's just going to have to believe in himself and make a race of it.

He's got this

Bloody hell. Unclipping during the sprint (what a newb error btw... lol's at you all feeling sorry for that), shipping your chain during the sprint, this lot are getting as bad as motor car racers with the excuses.

Well, that'll only happen if Dumoulin and Roglic go to another team, and then there's Kuss who will want a shot at GC. 

Van Aert will have to make like Zabel in '96.

Actually one could easily see Jumbo Visma  doing a Telekom like '96, with Roglic and Dumoulin on the podium, and there's still plenty of points on offer for Van Aert to seal Green.

Second 22. ⚠️

The fighting for positioning during the crosswind carnage. Fortunately no crashes as far as I know.

And the relief and gratitude expressed by Nairoman and his Arkea Samsic teammates after that definitive stage. They are working hard to establish themselves and be worthy of inclusion at TdF. Their excellent performance at Paris-Nice would’ve been a real boost.

Nice Vid . WvA seems like a really lekka oke. 

Nice Vid . WvA seems like a really lekka oke.

My thoughts as well. Seems to have some friends in the peloton.

The Great Showman, after a tough day.

Pic by Jared Gruber.

attachicon.gifIMG_9859.jpg

Hearts. Staring like that's, that trying to understand what went wrong...f cycling [emoji1787]

I also sat like that after that finish. [emoji24]