2020 Tour de France

pista

A battle for the Intermediate Sprint Point (ISP). Maybe he can drop the sprinters on the last two bumps.

89c3b80ba4267555760c6b74033a5707.jpg

I suspect he will drop them there, but will he finish in the top few spots, and how many points will he get?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Velon posted the sprint on Instagram.

WvA always had that right-hand side, he never moved over to block Sagan.

Moving past the AG2R rider could have still been excused, rubbing shoulders is fine.

Sagan was boxed in after that. Best he could have done legally was to wait and hope a gap opens up.

The more times I see that replay the more I think it was the right sanction. If Wout was smaller that shove could've thrown him more off coarse and caused a massive pile up at those speeds, then Sagan could've seen a similar sanction to that of Groenewegen.

Especially the replay from above

I suspect he will drop them there, but will he finish in the top few spots, and how many points will he get?

Intermediate sprint point same as always 20, 17, 15,..... , finish line has 1st 30,2nd 25,3rd 22...and so on. Edited by Gen

Especially the replay from above

Yeah it was a bad one.. I even said just after the finish that I expected trouble..

On the bright side the last 2 days you could see his from is starting to get there.. not quite there yet but getting there..think he will be in good shape next week and really good shape come Giro [emoji123]

Oh my...

I just saw the video of the incident from the front where I see the selfie stick for the first time and I certainly feel that there may be a case that he was simply trying to avoid it.

Rough one.

One thing I can say though is between those that push riders, obstruct or crowd them on climbs and have their phones in the bloody way, there are a lot of asshat fans out there.

I hear the commentators saying we appreciate the passion, but... or it’s great that they’re passionate, but... but it’s really a bit of a dog show

Edited by The Ghost

I really want to agree but I don't.

If the UCI stamp out this sort of thing, then we can continue to have sprints. If the riders continue to endanger each other and no punishment is meted out, we will be bleating about rider safety and the UCI doing nothing about it forever.

We are at a place where pro sport has evolved so much that it's not the same as it was 30 or 40 years ago, so saying 'it's always been like that' isn't really true. Nor can we keep saying things like that or women wouldn't be able to vote and people would still be slaves..

The accelerations in cycling, the impacts in rugby etc are all way more critical these days.... I think enforcing rules that still allow for the competition to be fierce but has player/rider safety at the forefront is great.

If the rider knows he can't he won't. So as the newer riders come through, sprints will be clean and policed. I dunno, I like the ruling and I hope they remain consistent with it

Enough about Sagan under performing... we don’t know the plan he is on

But you could see he looked out of sorts the first 10 days of the tour. Lance, Bruyneel, Wiggins, everyone agrees he looked like there was something wrong. Hence he was under performing.

Yeah it was a bad one.. I even said just after the finish that I expected trouble..

On the bright side the last 2 days you could see his from is starting to get there.. not quite there yet but getting there..think he will be in good shape next week and really good shape come Giro [emoji123]

Hope he doesn’t just get peed off and abandon - I understand the decision but not so much the intermediate points deduction

There is a feeling that due to the crash rate, the narrow roads and the road furniture that the peloton opted for a Sunday LSD pace and a sizzling finalé. Regardless, there were a few crashes in the neutral zone and on the course with, at least, Astana, losing one of their servants.

The peloton just crossed over the halfway mark into this year's race in terms of overall distance. From a vert point of view, there are a lot of mountains to come. I reckon it is better for Wout to keep Roglic out of the wind and rather be fresher and safer away from sprint situations.

The battle for the maillot vert has become even juicier after Sagan dropping a boot full of points. Knowing the Hulk, he will never give up as he is a fierce competitor. He is under pressure but have all-round capabilities on his side. Let's see whether Bora' allows the break to gobble up points or will they animate today?

Ladagnous, with the 1000 yard stare, after suffering the fate of being solo in the break for more than a 100 kms into the headwind. He did however earn the red dossard after that pain cave.

pic credit Kristoff Ramon for CyclingTips

2020-tour-de-france-stage11-kristof-9-12

Edited by 'Dale

A battle for the Intermediate Sprint Point (ISP). Maybe he can drop the sprinters on the last two bumps.

89c3b80ba4267555760c6b74033a5707.jpg

This profile has got a strong breakaway written over it for me.

Expect the Classics strongmen to come out swinging today. Will Thomas De Gendt go for it?

SNIP

The battle for the maillot vert has become even juicier after Sagan dropping a boot full of points. Knowing the Hulk, he will never give up as he is a fierce competitor. He is under pressure but have all-round capabilities on his side. Let's see whether Bora' allows the break to gobble up points or will they animate today?

SNIP

Beware the rath of an angry Sagan. 

BORA might keep it together today and then rip it on the CAT 3.

Hope he doesn’t just get peed off and abandon - I understand the decision but not so much the intermediate points deduction

Don't think he will abandon.. his objectives may change though.. we'll see by Sunday.. but it is my opinion that he is riding himself into form for the Giro but I said that last week already..

He makes his argument in a fair manner, but I disagree on a couple of points.

-Moving someone over with your shoulder while climbing is a whole different kettle of fish to doing the same while sprinting at max effort going 60-70km/h. So there are some issues there with comparing the two.

-Yes we want consistency in the rule. But that doesn't mean if a certain action is prohibited it needs to be prohibited throughout the whole stage.

Honestly, I would want to hear from the rest of the sprinters in the Pro-Peloton about how they view this incident. They live and breath it everyday, they should set the tone of what is acceptable and what not. Looking at WvA's reaction, the move during a sprint might not be so well-respected in the pro peloton as this guy seems to think

PS. I realise this guy could have made his post just a little bit more controversial than he truly believes it is to elicit discussions and visits to his channel, so will take it with a pinch of salt.

Don't think he will abandon.. his objectives may change though.. we'll see by Sunday.. but it is my opinion that he is riding himself into form for the Giro but I said that last week already..

Would be really impressive if he is able to take the points classifications back-to-back at both the TDF and Giro this year with such a short turn-around time.

Unfortunately, by missing out on more points during the crosswinds stage and again today his work to secure Green at the TDF just increased tremendously, which may impact his Giro performance somewhat.

I think Bora sat down and had a clear look at all remaining points opportunities and worked out whether it is realistic for him to claw it back or not. No point in continuing if it is an unrealistic challenge.

Bora-Hansgrohe directeur sportif Enrico Poitschke accepted the decision after the stage, saying that Sagan didn't mean to barge Van Aert as hard as he did.

So, he did mean to barge into him is what he is saying. Do the crime, do the time.

ASO/UCI should have ejected Sagan from the Tour like they did in '17. I hope he rage quits after being beaten again today.