2020 Tour de France

pista

There is some Italian champion :whistling: with the same idea on his helmet who i almost confused as Gibbons

Nizzolo.. he won Euro champs can't show of the Italian jersey... so the tricolore on the helmet.they are teammates. Edited by Gen

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is some Italian champion :whistling: with the same idea on his helmet who i almost confused as Gibbons

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Yeah that's a little bit confusing but once you get the orientation of the colours it does get a bit easier. Also it's the only bit of Italian champion colouring that Nizzolo has seeing that he is wearing the European Champions jersey.

I really like the humility from Yates in accepting the yellow jersey, great for the sport.

Same for JAP who said this yesterday:

In terms of the racing itself, without a single real breakaway, Alaphilippe said stage five had been “very long and very boring stage, with a very nervous finale.”

“I had to stay concentrated to defend the jersey and try and win the stage with Sam [bennett], who’s in green, which is good news,” Alaphilippe added. “But, voilà, if that’s how it is then no worries, tomorrow [Thursday] I’ll pick myself back up and we won’t talk about it anymore.”

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/julian-alaphilippe-puts-brave-face-on-loss-of-yellow-jersey-at-tour-de-france/

I wonder if Yates would "gift"  the time +/- 20 sec back to JAP....

Can you imagine.... his DS will be frothing at the mouth if he did

Yep, I would advocate for consistency above leniency every day of the week.

Make rules that are logical and enforceable. Then enforce them. 

also the ASO should create feedzone bubbles so that there's no confusion, safety and separation from the public. They can't say social distance and then leave it up to the teams discresion.

It all comes back to the lack of a safety mindset within the UCI and the event organisers

also the ASO should create feedzone bubbles so that there's no confusion, safety and separation from the public. They can't say social distance and then leave it up to the teams discresion.

It all comes back to the lack of a safety mindset within the UCI and the event organisers

The regular feed zones during the stages this year is a bubble.. they have kept it out of the puplic press so that the public don't go swarm the area.... the public always find it though. Edited by Gen

There has been talk that they fed there and lost the yellow on purpose as the team wasn’t strong enough to hold all the way.

Could be as Patrick hasn’t been his usual outspoken self but to lose 20s is a massive chunk of time. Can’t say I personally believe that was a plan.

There has been talk that they fed there and lost the yellow on purpose as the team wasn’t strong enough to hold all the way.

Could be as Patrick hasn’t been his usual outspoken self but to lose 20s is a massive chunk of time. Can’t say I personally believe that was a plan.

Agreed, thought that was a little far fetched. An extra day in yellow would probably have been better for team. 

At least the jury is consistent with the feeding rule.

Good luck to your riders today! Its a great finish for one of them :)

Feed zones are as per normal, where you feel is right for your team to feed. The only change is that they have drop off zones as rodents are not allowed to throw bidons to the public or where they want at any given time. You need to either return to the car and collect or at the designated drop points on route and workers at the tour collect and discard all material.

Otherwise throw at the feeders feet as you collect road side. Then that staff member has to do his or her best not to allow those bottles to be taken by fans.

Yeah I heard Wiggins go with that..

I also doubt it though they had an opportunity to have both green and yellow today..can't even see Pat giving up that opportunity..it is amazing PR amd plenty exposure to have multiple jerseys

Edited by Gen

He has bought a small piece of The Service Course in Girona and is managing with some other parts in it. 

That is such a lekker spot....as well as their coffee shop..espresso mafia

Edited by Ossie NL

Feed zones are as per normal, where you feel is right for your team to feed. The only change is that they have drop off zones as rodents are not allowed to throw bidons to the public or where they want at any given time. You need to either return to the car and collect or at the designated drop points on route and workers at the tour collect and discard all material.

Otherwise throw at the feeders feet as you collect road side. Then that staff member has to do his or her best not to allow those bottles to be taken by fans.

Are you in the team car and driving? Because that can be the only explanation as to why you called riders rodents.

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Love this inside info from John on what he calls the riders................

Some clarity from Gerrans about the time penalty

Gerrans had spoken to one of the jury members and asked why a time penalty and not just a fine.. response was that some of the teams had asked if they could feed after the 20km to go and they were told under no circumstances woud they be able to..hence the penalty..