Giro d'Italia 2020

Gen

Rated at 4 Stars, today's stage is anticipated to be a tough one by the organisers.(Only stage 17, 18 and 20 have higher ratings)

With Cat 4 and Cat 3 climbs littered throughout, this isn't tough enough for the GC hopefulls to isolate each other.

But it is also too tough for the sprinters teams to control.

So that can only mean one thing:

Breakaway stage, custom made for De Gendt...? Sagan will most likely try to latch onto the break to pick up some points over Demare. With the form he is in, I wouldn't bet against Sagan sticking with De Gendt for a fairly large part of the stage.

The first hour will most likely be super-hard as every team will want to have representation up the road.

post-27827-0-16369600-1602737677_thumb.png

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rated at 4 Stars, today's stage is anticipated to be a tough one by the organisers.(Only stage 17, 18 and 20 have higher ratings)

With Cat 4 and Cat 3 climbs littered throughout, this isn't tough enough for the GC hopefulls to isolate each other.

But it is also too tough for the sprinters teams to control.

So that can only mean one thing:

Breakaway stage, custom made for De Gendt...? Sagan will most likely try to latch onto the break to pick up some points over Demare. With the form he is in, I wouldn't bet against Sagan sticking with De Gendt for a fairly large part of the stage.

The first hour will most likely be super-hard as every team will want to have representation up the road.

It's an interesting stage indeed[emoji848]

I have no idea how it will play out[emoji1787]

It's not tough enough for de Gendt!

More of a classics style race..... It's a pity yesterday and today weren't swapped round. This is the sort of Day I can see The Shark winning, But I'm sure he will can any heroics to conserve energy for the weekend.

Viviani in the break maybe?

Geez Louise!

Only tuned in now.

11min lead for the breakaway. Campenearts and Simon Clarke the biggest names to my mind...

François Bidard ALM
 Simon Pellaud ANS
 Manuele Boaro AST
 Mark Padun TBM
 Cesare Benedetti BOH
 Joey Rosskopf CCC
 Jesper Hansen COF
 Simon Clarke EF1
 Hector Carretero Millan MOV
 Albert Torres Barcelo MOV
 Victor Campenaerts NTT
 Jhonatan Manuel Narvaez Prado INS
 Ariel Maximiliano Richeze Araquistain UAD
 Etienne Van Empel THR

NTT leading the bunch.

Geez Louise!

Only tuned in now.

11min lead for the breakaway. Campenearts and Simon Clarke the biggest names to my mind...

François Bidard ALM

Simon Pellaud ANS

Manuele Boaro AST

Mark Padun TBM

Cesare Benedetti BOH

Joey Rosskopf CCC

Jesper Hansen COF

Simon Clarke EF1

Hector Carretero Millan MOV

Albert Torres Barcelo MOV

Victor Campenaerts NTT

Jhonatan Manuel Narvaez Prado INS

Ariel Maximiliano Richeze Araquistain UAD

Etienne Van Empel THR

NTT leading the bunch.

Benedetti [emoji123]

NTT leading the bunch.

So, they finally get a rider in the move up the road and then they sit on the front of the peleton? No wonder NTT want to can their sponsorship. Who the heck is running the tactics programme at this team?

So, they finally get a rider in the move up the road and then they sit on the front of the peleton? No wonder NTT want to can their sponsorship. Who the heck is running the tactics programme at this team?

Gap down to 7min30s for the 5 remaining leaders, with Campenearts now in a chase group.

Gap down to 7min30s for the 5 remaining leaders, with Campenearts now in a chase group.

Ah, right, so they got a guy in the move who got shelled. Fantastic. Do they not use Mr 60%'s dope, or does he not have a line on the good stuff anymore?

Edited by TNT1

I see Campanaerts is back with the lead group. Thankfully. Watching it now, I see his problem. He goes up these hills like a lead balloon.

By that I mean he goes uphill like Zakarin goes downhill.

Edited by TNT1

The Eurosport/GCN commentary team reckon NTT might be trying to set it up for Pozzovivo to slip away and take pink today as the reason they're sitting on the front like this.

The Eurosport/GCN commentary team reckon NTT might be trying to set it up for Pozzovivo to slip away and take pink today as the reason they're sitting on the front like this.

Good tactic, if that is true.

He is sitting on good form, might as well try something now, we never know in the current climate whether they will all reach Milan. A single day in Pink will be stunning for them.

I see Campanaerts is back with the lead group. Thankfully. Watching it now, I see his problem. He goes up these hills like a lead balloon.

I recall his crash on the Giro a few years back. Was a terrible sight, him lying a good distance off the road in ditch

hahahahaha

That really is awkward then!

Benedetti [emoji123]

Popped like a cork.

He looks even more awkward on the bike than Sagan. Side on view looks like his saddle is about 20mm too low.