Giro d'Italia 2020

Gen

Gosh darn it, didn’t get the TDF result or the Italia result I was hoping for [emoji1]

And it looks like the Vuelta is up in the air.

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to Tao... great result.,...with a little help from his friends (Dennis et al).

In a season dominated by prodigies it is great to see a "normal" rider getting such a big result.

Lovely race to have watched...in breathtakingly beautiful surroundings.

In a season dominated by prodigies it is great to see a "normal" rider getting such a big result.

In the words of Manual, "Que?"

Tao was at the pointy end of things since a junior, impressive results as an u/23 and is still only 25. You know he won the best young rider jersey at the Giro as well yesterday?

Unless I think prodigy means something different to what you think it means?

What a brilliant race!! Definitely my favorite grand tour.

Tao and Jai were excellent. Both had different intentions at the start of the race. They both stepped up when their main GC team mates were no longer in contention.

Hats off to Rohan Dennis. He was incredible over the last few stages riding for Tao. I never used to like him after last year ie abandoning the Tour, blaming his equipment, not a team man etc. I now have huge respect for him!

Now to switch focus to the Vuelta  :D    

In the words of Manual, "Que?"

Tao was at the pointy end of things since a junior, impressive results as an u/23 and is still only 25. You know he won the best young rider jersey at the Giro as well yesterday?

Unless I think prodigy means something different to what you think it means?

There is no need to be pedantic about this I am quite sure you know what I meant.

Can you spot the odd one here:

Remco, Wout, Tao, Mathieu, Egan, Tadej....

I am not disputing Tao's talent and grit .. in fact, i am a huge supporter of him... but until yesterday he would not even have got a mention in most articles about cycling prodigies.

There is no need to be pedantic about this I am quite sure you know what I meant.

Can you spot the odd one here:

Remco, Wout, Tao, Mathieu, Egan, Tadej....

I am not disputing Tao's talent and grit .. in fact, i am a huge supporter of him... but until yesterday he would not even have got a mention in most articles about cycling prodigies.

Because he was employed as a domestique, I first noticed him when he was pulling Egan up a hill to victory at the ToC

Because he was employed as a domestique, I first noticed him when he was pulling Egan up a hill to victory at the ToC

Yes, I remember that race quite well. He also did sterling work in assisting Sivakov to win the Tour of the Alps last year.

He did operate a bit under the radar at Ineos though... no idea how they will utilise him in future.

It is going to be difficult to manage the ambitions of Thomas, Bernal, Carapaz, Sivakov, Yates, Hart , Martinez, Dennis, Ganna, Sosa and Pidcock ( and a few more) in one team.

big kudos to Ineos for reworking the team and strategy after losing Thomas early on. Granted, it must be quite a luxury to have so many talented riders in one squad, each of whom could be a big name on practically any other team.

No one wants to see harm come to a rider ever, but losing Thomas made this Giro one of the most unpredictable and entertaining grand tours, since, well, since the tour de france a little over a month ago... seriously though, it was a great great race.

• 3 weeks later...