Haval

Andymann

We actually had a good look at one - because I've had a few VW's in my life, but sadly once you've go used to small little luxuries you kind of expect them - the Jazz had steering wheel controls and a few other minor things which my Wife kind of mentioned.....  you know the saying - Happy Wife, happy life.....

My Caddy has all the luxuries you could ask for. Steering controls, bluetooth, aircon....

Funny enough we traded a Jazz in on the Caddy

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And no power

When I wanted to go test drive one some time back, their test drive unit was out as a loan for a client..

I can concur, its difficult to change a Jazz for something else. Wife had one for a long time, we eventually settled on a Q5. Much bigger vehicle, not as practical. 

Honda did something right with teh design of those first Jazz's . Was a fantastic car, even though with the 1.4 and CVT box it was a bit gutless.

I can concur, its difficult to change a Jazz for something else. Wife had one for a long time, we eventually settled on a Q5. Much bigger vehicle, not as practical. 

Honda did something right with teh design of those first Jazz's . Was a fantastic car, even though with the 1.4 and CVT box it was a bit gutless.

Definitely - I drove mine nicely on the open road before I gave it to my Wife - but driving it in town now you really have to rev it to pull away - it's got very little torque low down.  I'm actually surprised the clutch has lasted 175000kms.  Mechianically its still good, but things won't last forever and I'm worried about things like power steering pumps and aircon compressors

OFF TOPIC SLIGHTLY, Anyone have a H1? whats the boot space like? I am selling my old defy washing machine. A young lady with a H1 is buying it today and asked me if it will fit in the boot. She says the seats go down.

Also test drove the H1, H2 and H6 was looking at getting a combo of a H1 and H2.

Wife was impressed with the H1, but as said above no boot space and no power you have to give it a bit of beans to get it to cooperate which will increase fuel consumption. H2 seemed good but preferred the new Suzuki Vitara.

Apparently GWM in china has invested a lot of money in setting up dealerships and have bought out a majority of Super Groups shareholding. Now over 40 odd dealerships country wide, if only they can get the sales representatives to understand what customer services is.

First dealership in Sandton rude sales person on entering dealership we left within a minute of arriving, Fourways dealership test drove both cars promised to follow up on my queries never heard from him. Boksburg took over two weeks of pestering to try get a quote out of them and to this day nothing received. 

Ended up buying the two vehicles elsewhere.

OFF TOPIC SLIGHTLY, Anyone have a H1? whats the boot space like? I am selling my old defy washing machine. A young lady with a H1 is buying it today and asked me if it will fit in the boot. She says the seats go down.

It's going to be a very tight squeeze..

It should fit with the seats folded down, cant remember if they fold completely flat though.

It should fit with the seats folded down, cant remember if they fold completely flat though.

I googled it and looked at images, doesn't look like they do but it looks like it should fit even with them tilted. Unfortunately a google image search for washing machine in H1 boot doesn't come up with much :lol:

I googled it and looked at images, doesn't look like they do but it looks like it should fit even with them tilted. Unfortunately a google image search for washing machine in H1 boot doesn't come up with much [emoji38]

The boot is 310 litres, so long as the washing machine is less than that, it will fit.. my concern would be the boot opening..

I googled it and looked at images, doesn't look like they do but it looks like it should fit even with them tilted. Unfortunately a google image search for washing machine in H1 boot doesn't come up with much :lol:

:D