Haval

Andymann

I know a franchise dealer in PTA, he owned a BMW dealership before and still owns one. His words, was that BMW sent engineers to build the haval factory as to be able to build BMWs in China due to laws. 

So all processes was BMW based. 

For price and value for money, i will consider when the time arrives. 

Other than a JV with GWM to build electric vehicles in China, BMW has no involvement with Haval at any level. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the crash test ratings for these vehicles?

Built to a price point.

If I remember correctly the H1 was a 3 Star and the H2 a 5 star

as the icrecreamman said, check the crash ratings (and that goes for any vehicle not just the Chinese stuff)

If you value yours and your families safety dont just shop on price point and "newness", consider looking at an older vehicle with better safety and build standards.

as the icrecreamman said, check the crash ratings (and that goes for any vehicle not just the Chinese stuff)

If you value yours and your families safety dont just shop on price point and "newness", consider looking at an older vehicle with better safety and build standards.

Read between the lines and you describing a volvo..............

A while back i looked at buying another truck, FAW was one of those I looked at. I could buy a new one for the price of a second hand Isuzu.

During my research I chatted to my my diesel mechanic. He buys and flips tricks on the side. He warned me to stay away, he bought one for a bargain, and then couldn't sell it. He ended up selling the refrigerator body and scrapping the truck.

Then I started chatting to transport operators with FAWs, and every one has weird issues in the warranty period. ie Gearboxes cracking and broken leaf springs.

FAW has nothing to do with Haval, but the resale will be a similar situation. Caveat emptor. Buyer beware.

I love Scooby's  :wub: 
The only thing which would put me off them is the thirsty motors.  I used to drive a rotary and after that swore I'd never get a thirsty car again.  But I do also keep getting drawn back to the Forester.  

Read between the lines and you describing a volvo..............

salesman in me says yes,

petrolhead in me says it doesnt need to be a Volvo, or even a premium segment vehicle, as long as it has a good safety rating backed up by good build quality and service then you should be ok.

I've been in some of the vehicles mentioned in this thread, I would not want to go in them again let alone have my family go in them.

That is Chinese stuff these days ain’t it?

Owned by Geely yes.

But they are just the bank, R&D etc. is still very much Volvo with tech feeding back to Geely's high end car division Lynk & Co.

Owned by Geely yes.

But they are just the bank, R&D etc. is still very much Volvo with tech feeding back to Geely's high end car division Lynk & Co.

PSA also has large Chinese investment.

Seeing as the market is huge in china it makes sense I suppose.

I love Scooby's  :wub: 

The only thing which would put me off them is the thirsty motors.  I used to drive a rotary and after that swore I'd never get a thirsty car again.  But I do also keep getting drawn back to the Forester.  

Tell me about it.

60L tank in a thirsty car.

But one cant have everything....

Well I spoke to the DP of Haval in Northcliff and told him I won't make any decision until I've done an extended test - I told him I commute daily to Krugersdorp from Pretoria and have done so for 8 years so I know exactly how both the Jazz and my Polo behaved in traffic, where i had to gear down, where the Radio loses Hot91.9 and Mix  :drool:, how they pulled up Krugersdorp hill etc etc,  so if he was serious about his cars I want one to use for the day's commute.

Fully expected him to say sorry we don't do that type of thing.

Picking up a demo tomorrow night after work - these guys are really backing their product......

Minority opinion - check out a Forester.

Highly underrated, decent soft roader, reliable as, and zero second hand value so you'll pick one up for next to nothing if you can find one. Also they're right at the bottom of the list for theft, so insurance is cheap.

Vitara is also a good option, for similar reasons to the above.

On a side note Droo - I've sent you a PM ewith a question about a fork  :whistling:

Well I spoke to the DP of Haval in Northcliff and told him I won't make any decision until I've done an extended test - I told him I commute daily to Krugersdorp from Pretoria and have done so for 8 years so I know exactly how both the Jazz and my Polo behaved in traffic, where i had to gear down, where the Radio loses Hot91.9 and Mix  :drool:, how they pulled up Krugersdorp hill etc etc,  so if he was serious about his cars I want one to use for the day's commute.

Fully expected him to say sorry we don't do that type of thing.

Picking up a demo tomorrow night after work - these guys are really backing their product......

This is very NB, my hot91.9 signal is not great in parts of the east rand. As I drive into my garage it's very fuzzy. Mix seems slightly better.

You okes need to try out Bosveld stereo 107.5 FM

Will do so. Haven't driven my car since last week but next time I drive i'll tune in.