Riding Deep Sections In CPT

BassoBoy

I ride a 38 front and 50 rear and will ride it in pretty much all weather. It took a long time before I became comfortable with them but now that I am I don't see the need to use anything shallower.

I'm currently looking at new wheels and I think I'll go 50 & 50 next.

Agreed, looking at a 60 60 set and using my 40 as training wheels.

I used Kool Stop carbon pads for both carbon and alu rims. I just checked the pads for alu flakes every time before fitting carbon wheels, but they never picked up any metal.

I ride a 45mm deep section wheelset daily on my SS commuter, no matter the weather ... no issues to date.

Think it's a weight issue..... The FATTER you are the less the wind affects you [emoji6]

I had some cheap and nasty carbon deepsections and riding them in the wind wasnt fun. The latest rims have more of a 'U' shape than a 'V' shape and it makes the effect of gusts and side winds much less. Im a lightweight and ride 45mm all year round

Would never say ????

Think it's a weight issue..... The FATTER MUSCULAR you are the less the wind affects you [emoji6]

I had some cheap and nasty carbon deepsections and riding them in the wind wasnt fun. The latest rims have more of a 'U' shape than a 'V' shape and it makes the effect of gusts and side winds much less. Im a lightweight and ride 45mm all year round

the rim profile has far less of a sail effect than the spokes. Round spokes are more aero under the variable wind directions and conditions we have in CT.