[Event] Gryphon 99er Cycle Tour 2020

Ninetyniner Durbanville

Event Name: Gryphon 99er Cycle Tour 2020
When: 8 February 2020
Where: Durbanville Race Course, Western Cape
Category: Road

Entries are Open!

The Gryphon 99er Cycle Tour is taking place on 8 February 2020.

Cyclists can choose between the long and short route, both of which are great training rides to get your legs ready for Cape Town Cycle Tour, which takes place a month later.

Enter by 27 January 2020 @ 23h00 to take advantage of the discounted early entry fee and be entered into the early entry competition. Early Entry Competition!

There are several early entry prizes up for grabs, with draws taking place every 2 -3 weeks during the early entry period from 18 November 2019 – 27 January 2020.

The earlier you enter, the more chances you will have to win!

Prizes include:

• 2 entries to Cape Town Cycle Tour 2020,
  • 3 x R3600 IPIC Active gym packages for a family of four for three months, reimbursement of your entry fee,
  • 2 tickets on the Table Mountain Cable Car,
  • a 99er merchandise hamper and a restaurant voucher!

You will only be eligible to win one of the lucky draws; only one prize per entry.

Online Entries Info 102Km, 57Km Road Races

• Enter Online close at 23h59 on 27 January 2020 (discounted early entry fee).
  • Enter Online for seeding closes at 23h59 on 3 February 2020 (please note higher entry fee).
  • Seeding and entry into race subject to availability.
  • Late entries can also be done at number collections points on 6th and 7th February 2020 or on race day (please note higher entry fee).
  • Please note that late entries at collection points/on race day will not be seeded.
  • All enquiries regarding entries or seeding to be directed to Cycle Events call centre on 0878204210 or queries@cycleevents.co.za.
  • The 102km route is an Official Premier Seeding Event for the Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021.
  • E-bikes are welcome in the 102km event. Please refer to race rules for specific rules relating to e-bikes.

IMPORTANT ROUTE UPDATE

Due to a delay in the completion of the N7 road works between Van Schoorsdrift and Vissershok - originally due to be completed at the end of January - the N7 will no longer form part of the race route.

This decision was made in close and ongoing collaboration with the City, traffic authorities and road contractors, in the interest of your safety. And, in keeping with event planning best practices the organisers have developed detailed alternative route plans, which has been approved by the authorities. You will be able to enjoy a safe and exciting new route this year.

Long route participants will now see the legendary Vissershok climb coming up in the early stages of the race, while the flatter and faster short route excludes the Vissershok climb.

Please CLICK HERE https://www.99er.co.za/index.php/cycle-tour/routes for the updated route maps and route descriptions.

All cyclists who entered the race will receive a mail from Cycle Events today with seeding and race number collection information as well as communication about the amended route.

Thank you for your understanding. As always, your safety comes first!

Go to Event Page

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're still waiting for our SCT "discount" mails to come through. To my ears (and wallet) R180.00 sounds a lot better than R360.00 .... :whistling:​ 

It now seems that the Facebook Post regarding the discount was a hoax.  :blush:

Edited by Wannabe

Not cool, but seeing that the SCT was cancelled, i think this will be my next challenge to get a good seeding for the CTCT

Not cool, but seeing that the SCT was cancelled, i think this will be my next challenge to get a good seeding for the CTCT

This will only count for 2021 CTCT seeding. Seems the Paarl tour is the last chance for this years seeding .

This will only count for 2021 CTCT seeding. Seems the Paarl tour is the last chance for this years seeding .

That's what they say, but it will definitely be used for this year's CTCT as well.

That's what they say, but it will definitely be used for this year's CTCT as well.

Not necessarily, some years they do other years they don't. But I guess with SCT being cancelled the odds are a bit better that they will. 

Not necessarily, some years they do other years they don't. But I guess with SCT being cancelled the odds are a bit better that they will.

Confirmed on FB. Seeding event for 2020 after SCT cancellation (unless this is also fake news....)

Confirmed on FB. Seeding event for 2020 after SCT cancellation (unless this is also fake news....)

was emailed as well from racetec

UPDATE:  Additional Seeding Events for the 2020 Cape Town Cycle Tour

As a result of the unfortunate cancellation of the Medihelp Stellenbosch Cycle Tour this past weekend the organisers of the Cape Town Cycle Tour are pleased to announce that, as a special concession the Gryphon 99er Cycle Tour due to be held on the 8th of February 2020 will now be included as a Premier Seeding Series Event for the 2020 Cape Town Cycle Tour. We understand what an important role the Medihelp Stellenbosch Cycle Tour plays for a lot of cyclists in improving their seeding for the Cycle Tour, and this now means that you will have an additional opportunity to improve your start time before the big day on 8th March 2020.

We know that many of our Western Cape based participants preparation for the Cycle Tour were affected by the cancellation and we would like to encourage them to use the opportunity to participate in any of the following two upcoming Seeding Series events still to be held in the Western Cape:

Its easier, untill the last ~10km

I kept thinking to myself this weekend that it's called the 99'er but is 102km in distance.

Is that because the race only really begins at 99km when you have to tackle Vissershok Rd and Odendaal?