Preview: New Bike Hub test site is live

Matt

We had a lot of back n forth around this. Technically the subdomain approach was much neater with two separate systems, and despite Google saying it won't hurt all the SEO experts say otherwise.

It's a bit of an experiment for us... we'll let you know  :whistling:

Subdomain is new site completely , so Google see it as new site, so google have to relearn it completely and rank it separately

So in terms of  SEO for forums and SEO for classified it won't get hurt, but the combination will definitley change..    You might even get "better" traffic as you will get only people looking for Classified or people looking for information not someone looking for info on Shimano crank and landing on classified page and bouncing off. 

I also notice now that if you logged into community, you not logged into classifieds, maybe that where some issues coming in like the PM's.

PS:  feel your pain .. just launched  a replacement 12 000+ page site .. google did not like us very much for last 3 weeks but crawling our way back up slowley

Edited by Karman de Lange

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this was already covered but no content displays on I.E.11

Not sure if there is special plug-ins required or if admins decided not to support that browser?

Not sure if there is special plug-ins required or if admins decided not to support that browser?

Works fine my side?  IE 11.476

See classified got JS error.  Community seems to work normaly.

Edited by Karman de Lange

Any chance of making the blue banner "buy", "Sell", "Connect" thinner as it seems to dominate the homepage.

Inevitably you have to scroll down now to see any/all of the content 

IE 11 is unfortunately not currently supported. Microsoft themselves suggest users do not rely on IE as their main browser, but do still support it for legacy/enterprise systems.

We are looking at solutions to offer IE support without compromising the performance and experience for those on more modern browsers.

In the interim, are you able to use another browser like MS Edge?